Semi-sweet chocolate with crushed freeze dried strawberries. Slightly sweet and tart, this chocolate covered strawberry bark is the perfect gift for Valentine’s Day.
Hi again! This is Andrea from Cooking with a Wallflower. I’m back this week to share with you a recipe just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Who doesn’t love those gorgeous chocolate covered strawberries? Especially during Valentine’s Day. But I find that they don’t last too long. Sometimes the strawberries get soft underneath the chocolate. And if you receive a bouquet of chocolate covered strawberries, you probably should eat them soon.
So! Why not use freeze dried strawberries to resolve the problem?
Freeze dried strawberries are sweet and tart with no added sugar, just like fresh strawberries. But it also has an added crunch and lots of flavor.
I used freeze fried strawberries and added them to melted semi-sweet chocolate to create chocolate covered strawberry bark. They taste soo amazing with strawberries in every bite. The semi-sweet chocolate is rich and slightly bitter. If you prefer other chocolates, you’re welcome to use white chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate. It’s all about preference. You can also create a mixture of chocolate and white chocolate to create swirls. This recipe is super easy to make with very little ingredients and prep required. You’ll want to make this all the time.
Line a 9×5 inch baking pan with parchment paper as best as you can. It doesn’t quite stay, but don’t worry about it.
Crush freeze dried strawberries into small pieces and scatter some of the strawberries on the parchment paper.
Remove the chocolate from the packaging and break the bar into several pieces. Melt the chocolate according to the directions on the packaging. I microwaved my chocolate for 30 seconds and then in 10 seconds intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate has completely melted.
Pour the chocolate over the strawberries and spread the chocolate out in an even thin layer.
Sprinkle the rest of the crushed strawberries over the chocolate.
Refrigerate the bark in the fridge for at least an hour until the chocolate has hardened.
Break the chocolate into pieces, and serve as desired.
- 1 – 4 ounce package semi sweet chocolate bar
- ⅛ cup + 1 tablespoon crushed freeze dried strawberries
- Line a 9x5 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Crush the freeze dried strawberries into small pieces. Place half of the freeze dried strawberries on the parchment paper. Make sure that the strawberries are spread out.
- Remove the chocolate from the package, and break the bar into small pieces. Melt the chocolate according to the direction on the package.
- Once the chocolate has melted, pour the chocolate over the crushed freeze dried strawberries. Use a spoon or a spatula to spread the chocolate into a thin even layer.
- Sprinkle the rest of the freeze dried strawberries over the chocolate.
- Place the baking pan into the refrigerator and allow the chocolate to harden for at least an hour.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, break the chocolate into pieces, and serve as desired.
**It takes about ½ - 1 hour for the chocolate to harden
Bilna Sandeep says
As always love your recipes Andrea 🙂
Kathy Rupff says
Looks delicious and simple… Love it! Thank you for sharing, Andrea!