One of the downfalls of buying an older home are the old windows it comes with. Our last house was built in 1965 but the previous owners had replaced all the windows, which was amazing, but in this house we didn’t have the same luck. All the windows in this house have broken seals, some of them leak and some of them don’t even close all the way! We know we’ll have to change them all out but we’re avoiding it since it will cost us a small fortune to do it and there are so many other changes we still want to make!
I thought we’d be stuck with leaky windows and mold on the window sills until we got around to changing out the windows but then I heard about a new product, Endurance BioBarrier, which completely kills the mold and prevents it from coming back. (So we’ll still have leaky windows but at least we won’t have mold!)
How does it work? It’s a two part process, first you clean the area with the Mold & Grime Cleaner, just spray it on, let it sit for 5 minutes, scrub the area, then rinse. For tougher cleaning jobs, let sit for 15 minutes before scrubbing.
After cleaning the area and getting rid of any existing mold, spray the area with the Mold Prevention Spray. Spray it on and let it air dry. Don’t wipe it up, otherwise it won’t build the barrier!
The Endurance BioBarrier drys and creates a “high-tech polymer [which binds] EPA registered biocides to any surface.” (EPA stands for Environmental Protection Agency). As a result, it will hold up and prevent mold through hundreds of wet-dry cycles. It’s the safest way to clean and prevent mold because it’s a water-based product that’s zero VOCs which makes it safe for kids, pets and you! I felt safe using it throughout our home, including on my daughter’s bedroom window (that’s where I took all these pictures).
Here are some sobering facts that I didn’t know about mold, and mold prevention, that I learned from the Endurance BioBarrier website –
- Childhood asthma has been linked to mold growth in the home. Mold remediation in the home can help improve the child’s asthma. The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) did a joint study with Berkeley Labs that found that building dampness and mold raised the risk of a variety of respiratory illnesses and asthma by 30% to 50%.
- A Mayo Clinic research team found that most of the 37 million chronic sinus infections in the USA each year are caused by mold exposure.
- Popular salt-based mold products, found in most big-box stores do not kill mold roots. They will remove mold and mildew branches, but not the roots. Salt crystals left behind on the surface will puncture newly landing mold spores, but as soon as those crystals come into contact with water or condensation, they get diluted and rinse away. As a result, the surface is no longer protected against new mold and mildew spores.
- The EPA and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) no longer recommends using bleach to remove and kill mold. Studies have shown that bleach does not kill mold roots on porous surfaces. Ironically, the water in bleach solutions actually nourishes mold roots, which is why mold regrows so quickly when using bleach products to clean away and get rid of mold. Of course, bleach is also harmful to people, surfaces and the environment.
- You can read more facts, and lots of testimonies, on their website guaranteedmoldprevention.com.
Do you have mold growing in you house? It’s commonly found around windows, in showers, in tile grout, around kitchen sinks, on outdoor patio furniture, and countless other places! Endurance BioBarrier is a safe way to get rid of it AND prevent it from coming back!
Because mold is a huge problem in lots of homes, I’m giving away 2 sets of the Mold & Grime Cleaner and the Mold Prevention Spray! We want your homes to be mold-free and we want to keep your family healthy! If you want to enter to win, but you also have mold in your house and need some of this now, you can order the Mold & Grime Cleaner HERE and the Mold Prevention Spray HERE. Fill out the Rafflecopter form below to enter to win and good luck!
Disclosure: I have included affiliate links in this post but if you purchase through them you will not pay a cent more than you would otherwise. Thank you for supporting Ask Anna!
Randi - Dukes and Duchesses says
I’m intrigued by that … I’ve never heard of it before!
Mimi Moseley says
This is great! I’m going to get some.
Sounds like an awesome product Anna!
Bonnie @ Uncommon Designs says
That looks like a great product!
Kimberly M. says
I had never heard of this product before but so glad that I check out your blog and saw it. WOW talk about a great product for my home. I have my grandson that lives with me and I have a dog. This product is safe to use. I love that. I have asthma and allergies and I would be able to use this in my house with no problem. I have small amounts of mildew and mold in my basement and have used bleach and just now found out that doesn’t kill mold roots so it was basically useless. If I use this I won’t have to worry about that anymore the mold root will be killed and the spores. Need to really look into this. It might be a life saver for my lungs and health.
What are the active ingredients? I am suspicious of companies that don’t list ingredients on their websites.
I emailed the company and I will let you know as soon as I hear back from them. 🙂
Melissa will you please send me your email address so I can forward you what they mailed me?