A deliciously fudgy chocolate mug cake that requires no fuss and no baking. This 5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake is super easy to make and perfect for a quick indulgence.
Hi! This is Andrea from Cooking with a Wallflower, and I’m here today to share with you another recipe!
I can’t believe it’s already halfway through January! Have you gotten used to writing 2016 yet? I sure haven’t! It’s hard enough to write a new month but now I have to write a new year too? So unreal.
Today, I want to share with you a quick and easy dessert that takes just minutes to prepare! If you’re like me, you’ll feel overly lazy during the winter. The cold winds and the heavy rain make me feel super lazy. I just want to curl up in bed wrapped in a blanket with a good book. Do you feel the same way?
I also want something warm and chocolaty to indulge on. But then again, when don’t I? So I’m sharing my recipe for a super chocolaty and fudgy mug cake. So amazingly delish!
This 5 minute chocolate mug cake requires several ingredients, that take minutes to mix together and it cooks in 70 seconds. Doesn’t that sound super easy? And you can top with as much whipped cream as you like.
In a medium bowl, mix together all purpose flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix until they are evenly incorporated.
Now, add the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk until evenly incorporated. Then fold in the chocolate chips for an even more chocolaty taste.
Once all the ingredients are well mixed, scrape the batter into a microwave safe mug. Place the mug in the microwave and heat the cake for 70 seconds. Every microwave is different. So you might need to adjust the heating time accordingly.
The cake will rise to the rim. Top the cake with whipped cream or chocolate syrup as desired. See? Wasn’t that so easy?
Serve the chocolate mug cake warm.
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, brown sugar, and granulated sugar to a medium bowl. Mix until they are evenly incorporated.
- Pour in the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk until the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Now, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into a microwave safe mug. Place the mug in the microwave and heat for about 70 seconds.
- Serve the chocolate mug cake warm with whipped cream if desired.
missberryjem908 AJ says
Thanks for sharing this 5-star 5-minute chocolate mug cake. It looks really tasty, I’d give anything to eat this chocolaty goodness!
neha mirashi says
it totally works! and tastes amazing too!
Mary Ceccarelli says
I just want to say this is delicious! My daughter and I have made it a half a dozen times already. I made this into a vegan recipe by switching out the milk with soy and or almond, carob chips in place of chocolate chips and forgo the whipped cream. Mmm
Yum!! I’ll have to try it that way. 🙂