Years ago I got a purse organizer from Purse to Go and I’ve used it to organize my purse ever since. I love it’s individual compartments that keep my stuff organized, and easy to find. Another thing I love about it is that it makes switching purses SO easy because all I have to do is lift up the organizer and plop it in another purse, takes me about 3 seconds! 🙂
Now that you’ve seen how I organize the majority of the things in my purse, let me empty it out and show you what else I have in there.
I’m a bit of a minimalist when it comes to packing my purse but there are somethings I never go without, including feminine products (there have been so many times they’ve come in handy), a nail clipper set and wipes. Once you have kids you realize how incredibly handy baby wipes are and now I can’t live without them!
Here’s how it all fits in my current purse, and yes, I carry a taser because we’ve had a spike in crime the last couple years and I don’t want to ever be caught off guard.
Now that you’ve seen what’s in my purse, here are a few important tips for how to organize your purse and keep it clutter free –
- Start by completely emptying out your purse. Wash your purse, if necessary, a nice clean purse is always easier to keep clean. 🙂
- Group similar items together in small zipper pouches, to keep them organized and to make it easier to switch purses.
- Buy a Purse to Go (or make your own) to hold the majority of your things, including your wallet, hand sanitizer, lotion, tissues, gum/mints, a pen, etc. (these are all the things I carry in mine).
- Place your items back in your purse in an organized way, that will make it easy for you to find things when you need them.
- Make a habit of cleaning out your purse at the end of every day, week, time you get gas, or whenever is best for you. It doesn’t matter which one you choose, just make sure you do it, and that you’re consistent about it.
I know we all have different purses, and different things we carry in our purses, so here are a few other ways I’ve found to organize your purse.
If you want a purse organizer but can’t find one to fit all your things, or don’t want to spend the money, here’s a great tutorial for how to make your own!
If you’ve ever taken Financial Peace, and you follow the envelope system, here’s a great way to organize your envelopes along with everything else in your purse.
Here’s another great way to organize your purse using inexpensive cloth zipper bags.
Now that we’ve talked about how to organize your purse, and you’ve seen inside a handful of purses, do you feel inspired to organize yours? I promise, it’s not as difficult as it sounds, and I guarantee you it will take you less than 30 minutes!
I would love to see your before and after pictures so post them on Instagram and tag me @askannamoseley, or you can use the hashtag for this series – #organizedinlessthan30min.
If you missed one of the posts in this series, here’s a list of what we’ve organized so far –
- Your health
- Kitchen utensils
- Kids dishes and utensils
- How to organize a kitchen without a pantry
- How to organize Legos
I have included affiliate links in this post but if you purchase through them you will not pay a cent more than you would otherwise. Thank you for supporting Ask Anna!