This is a simple recipe for how to kill poison ivy with everyday household items. It’s quick, easy and effective.
Every once in awhile one of my readers will email me a great tip. I love it because it’s so fun learning new tips and trick for taking care of my home!
I’m not sure if you’re aware of my hatred of ivy, I think it’s pretty, but not when it has taken over an entire backyard! You may have seen my post from last year of my backyard progress, if you did then you understand why I dislike ivy so much. It’s for this reason that I loved this tip that a reader sent me for how to kill poison ivy!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Here’s what to do:
- Combine 1 gallon white vinegar, 1 cup salt and 2 TBSP blue dawn dish soap.
- Once all the ingredients have been mixed well pour mixture into a spray bottle, or a backpack sprayer, if you have a lot of ivy.
- Saturate the ivy with the solution. Be careful not to get it on your other plants because this mixture will kill anything you spray it on!
There you have it, the simple solution for how to kill poison ivy with everyday household items! If you want to have the greatest (deadly) effect it is best to spray the ivy during the dry seasons so it doesn’t get washed off by the rain.
Did you know this is one of my most popular posts!? To see more of the posts people love click on the titles below:
- How to Clean Between the Oven Glass
- How to Clean Glass Shower Doors the EASY Way
- How to Wash Windows (especially window tracks)
- How to Organize Paper Clutter in 30 minutes or Less
- The BEST Moscow Mule
- DIY Homemade Laundry Detergent and WHY it works so well
- How to Organize DVDs (you will be shocked at how much space it saves!)
For your convenience this post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.