Pasta tossed with rotisserie chicken, tomatoes, lettuce, and onions in a honey mustard dressing. This honey mustard chicken pasta salad is simple, delicious, and perfect for picnics.
Hi! This is Andrea from Cooking with a Wallflower, and I’m back this month to share with you a brand new recipe perfect for summer picnics. It seems like it’s been forever since I shared a new recipe with you. But there’s been so much going on.
We’re expecting a baby boy in December! And the last few months have been really rough on me. Morning sickness and food aversions have made it really difficult to develop new recipes and even talk about food the way I did before. But now that things are starting to settle down, I can start sharing again!
With summer in full swing now, I thought I’d share with you this recipe for one of my favorite pasta salads. During warmer days, we like to go out to the park for picnics to enjoy the sun. But even if we’re not picnicking, this pasta salad would make the perfect weeknight dinner meal too.
This pasta salad is filled with rotisserie chicken to make things simple. Add some tomatoes, escarole lettuce or other lettuce of your choice, and red onions. Of course, you can also add other things that you like such as avocado or corn or mushrooms or cheese. It’s up to you. I kept this pasta salad nice and simple.
For the dressing, I whisked together honey, Dijon mustard, kewpie mayo, rice vinegar, salt, and black pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the pasta salad, and mix well until all the ingredients are well coated.
Serve this honey mustard chicken pasta salad cold or at room temperature. Seriously, it’s so easy to make and prep and doesn’t take much time at all. You can make this as a weeknight meal on a hot summer night or you can pack this for your next picnic!
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- ¼ cup lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ small red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Kewpie mayo
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Add shredded chicken, some tomatoes, escarole lettuce or other lettuce of your choice, and red onions to your favorite type of cooked pasta.
- For the dressing, whisk together honey, Dijon mustard, kewpie mayo, rice vinegar, salt, and black pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the pasta salad, and mix well until all the ingredients are well coated.
Here are some other easy summer recipes!