Toasted almonds and crunchy toffee bits in every bite of the classic s’mores. This Almond Toffee Crunch S’mores are the ultimate summer snack.
Happy Belated National S’mores Day!
Hi! This is Andrea from Cooking with a Wallflower. I’m back this week to share with you a twist on the classic s’mores.
It’s already mid August. Can you believe it? Summer is almost over and I feel like it barely started. What have you been doing all summer? Did you travel to exotic places?
I didn’t really get to go anywhere far, but I did go on an overnight trip to Napa Valley. It was such an amazing place with beautiful vineyards and an abundance of good food and wine. I didn’t want to leave. And I definitely didn’t want to go back to work the next day.
Today, I wanted to share with you this almond toffee crunch s’mores. We just missed National S’mores Day by a couple days, but who cares? We can still enjoy the deliciousness of melted chocolate and marshmallows between graham crackers.
With summer coming to an end, I thought it would be the perfect time for s’mores. S’mores is straight from our childhood. Those days of camping under the stars, toasting marshmallows in the campfire, and making s’mores. It makes you nostalgic, doesn’t it? So I thought I could give the classic s’mores that we all know so well a little extra twist.
Add in toasted almonds and you get a little nuttiness in your classic snack. Add in toffee bits and you have a sweet crunchiness that compliments and elevates your chocolate so much more.
How can you resist this combination? I definitely can’t.
My fingers are covered with melted chocolate. My mouth is bursting with decadent chocolate and crunchy almonds and toffee. Soooo good.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Place chocolate on one graham cracker, top it with toasted almonds and toffee bits. Place a large marshmallow on top, then balance another graham cracker over the marshmallow.
Bake the s’mores on a baking pan in the oven for about 5 minutes at 350F until the chocolate and marshmallow has melted.
Remove the s’mores from the oven, and allow it to cool for several minutes before taking a bit.
- 2 graham cracker sheets (4 graham cracker squares)
- 2 jumbo marshmallows
- 1 chocolate bar, broken into pieces
- 2 -3 tablespoons toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons toffee bits
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a small baking pan or baking sheet with foil.
- Place chocolate pieces on one square of graham cracker, then add almonds and toffee. Place the marshmallow on top and then balance the second graham cracker square over it.
- Place the baking sheet or pan into the oven and bake for about 5 minutes until the chocolate and marshmallow have melted.
- Remove the s'mores from the oven and press the graham cracker down.
- Wait for the s'mores to cool down a little before eating.