When it starts getting cold outside there’s not much I love more than some chili and cornbread.
Today I’ve got an easy crockpot chili recipe so when you wake up and it’s cold outside you can throw this in the crockpot and it will be ready for you when you get home!
There aren’t too many things I love more in the Fall than coming home to the smell of warm, delicious comfort food, already prepared! All you have to do is start up a crackling fire, or light a candle, then dish up your chili and you have a perfect Fall evening. I hope your family enjoys this easy crockpot chili as much as we do!
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs ground turkey (or beef)
- 1½ cans tomato sauce
- 1- 14.5oz can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 2-15oz cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- For garnish - sour cream, cilantro, cheese
- Place ground turkey (or beef) in the crockpot. Add chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Add vegetables to the crockpot then pour in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and kidney beans.
- Use a fork to gently mix all the ingredients together, breaking up the ground turkey.
- Cook on low for 6 hours. Garnish with sour cream, cilantro and cheese (optional).
This recipe is adapted from the America’s Test Kitchen Family Cookbook.