How to Clean between Oven Window Glass

Since writing the post on how to clean the oven, I have received so many questions about how to clean between the oven windo glass, so today I am finally posting a tutorial for you!

Step 1: Remove the drawer from below the oven.

Step 2: Build a cleaning contraption.  Luckily I had saved a wire hanger from the dry cleaners, for just an occasion like this!

I straightened the hanger and then attached a cleaning wipe to the hook on the end.  Use a rubber band to secure the wipe, to make sure you don’t lose it in between the glass!

I recommend using a glass cleaner wipe, such as these Windex wipes.

Step 3: Lay down on the floor and look under the door of your oven.  You will see slots between the oven door and the  window glass, that look like these.

Step 4: Slide the cleaning “contraption” up through the slats.

Push it up between the oven window glass, cleaning from side to side as you move it up, farther into the door.

Step 5: Pull the cleaning “contraption” out of the slots when you are done cleaning between the window glass.  If your glass is really dirty it might take a couple of wipes to get it all clean.  I was surprised to see how dirty mine was!

Step 6: Enjoy your clean, streak-free oven door!

I found the information for this tutorial on this forum.

About the Author

"Hi I'm Anna! Welcome to Ask Anna where I love to answer your household questions! I have always loved to clean, organize and decorate and this blog is a fun way for me to help you love it too! I am a busy mom of a beautiful little girl and I'm married to the love of my life. Together we fill our days with projects , laughter and love. I serve an incredible God and overall I'd say I'm truly blessed!"

Like What You Read Here?
Stay Connected
Don't Miss A Minute of Ask Anna Moseley!

And Follow Us
Follow me on TwitterFriend me on FacebookAdd me to your circlesRSS FeedFollow me on PinterestFollow me on Instagram

CommentLuv badge

Discussion

1. 1

Now I know why the glass still looks terrible even after I’ve cleaned the inside and outside of the glass. I seriously did not know that it was possible to clean between the panes of glass on the oven door. I don’t think I would have ever thought of lying on the floor to look up under the oven door.
    Thanks for the tip :)
    Kim P recently posted..Shut the Front Door …. Day 1My Profile

• 2

I tried this method but broke 2 hangers. Tried anyway, but couldn’t get at it as well. Most oven doors come off, so no need to lay on the floor.

• 3

I just did this! I remembered seeing this on Pinterest, Thank you for posting! I used an extra long paint stick since I didn’t have wire hangers. Worked great for anyone not having luck with the hangers.

• 4

That’s a great idea!

• 5

Took our oven door off and when trying to put it back on my husband broke the glass. So, maybe it’s better to lay on the floor.

• 6
      chloie Nelson says:

Great idea going into the kitchen to try this out and I will post the outcome.

• 7
      Bonnie Hilley says:

Now, tell me how you get up off the floor!!!

2. 8

Anna, wouldn’t it be easier to just pull the door off instead of lying on the floor…

• 9

You could do that too. :) I didn’t mind lying on the floor.

• 10

You can take the door off???? :D

• 11

Yes most ovens you can , open door only slightly, and lift up it will remove from hinges. Look up your manual on line if you don’t have one. I don’t like to do it this , because I think over time of removing the door you loose the tightness. But I’m going to try this tip above my door has had drips in between glass since I first used it, and a girlfriend has the same oven with the exact same drip inbetween glass.

• 12

• 13

A lot of oven doors don’t come off (mine for instance)

3. 15

Awesome! I totally needed this! Pinned!
    Just Jaime recently posted..Jasmine’s Wedding!My Profile

• 16

Worked great had a place on each side of the oven door, very small, but was able to get into and clean. So happy to know this, as I was going nuts not being able to get it clean. Thank you.

• 17

Awesome, you’re welcome!

• 18

OMG!
        Thank you Anna, you can’t imagine how crazy this has been driving me for years and now that we are considering selling the house I wasn’t sure how i was going to clean those drips up!

4. 19

I cleaned the outside of the door and got some product on the inside. It’s been driving me crazy all summer. Thank you so much for sharing this – it’s going to make me feel a lot better once I get it cleaned out!!
    More Than A Mom recently posted..Christmas FabricsMy Profile

5. 20

Ugh – I just checked and there is a screw-on grate I’d have to get off to access it. Not sure I’m that dedicated. At least under the oven got a good vacuum :)
    More Than A Mom recently posted..So Close…My Profile

6. 22
    Anne Marie says:

This is a wonderful idea – thanks – Happy New Year to you and your family.

7. 23

That’s super clever! I had never even thought to clean there. For a greener solution you could use a cleaning cloth dampened with homemade glass cleaning solution. I’m going to give this a try soon. Great post. :)
    Angela recently posted..How to Clean Refrigerator CoilsMy Profile

8. 24

Hi Anna, I have the same oven so I tried this. It was a bit streaky so I investigated a little more and discovered if one removes the 3 screws under there yiu can lift out the whole front glass panel, which gives you full access to all glass surfaces! Thanks so much for your tutorial. If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t have figured this out!

• 25

My husband contacted the manufacturer of our oven (Frigidaire) and they told him how to do it by removing the door, also removing those screws and getting to the glass that way. It was a lot of work but it has remained clean for at least 9 months now and I have used the oven often. I remember that the glass got all steamed up and left a large areas of white streaky residue behind the first few times I used it when it was new. Odd.

• 26

I think taking the door apart and removing the two pieces of glass is the most effective way to clean. There’s one caveat to this method: the inside glass is tempered so it will withstand the heat of the oven, the outside glass is not. Just be sure you keep track and put the tempered piece back on the inside.

9. 27

at least worth a try for sure.

10. 28

These doors have screws that can be removed to allow you access to the inside glass. Cleaning through the vent opening is crazy frustrating. Just remove the screws and have full access to glass and thoroughly clean.

• 29

Removing the screws is a snap – just don’t loose them because I can tell you from personal experience they are a ‘custom’ screw and one cost me over $30 to get a new one….

11. 30

This post made me laugh. I had no idea that was how you clean between the glass. Maybe I’ll just leave mine dirty.
    Danielle @ 2 Little Superheroes recently posted..My Completely Free Laundry Room MakeoverMy Profile

• 31

Haha, well at least now you know in case something ever spills down there. :)

• 32

Thank you Anna, as the other girls, this has been driving me crazy! I agree with you Anna, I would rather clean it as you have suggested – I’m too concerned I would lose the tightness of the way the door is sealed. God bless.

12. 33

Thank you for this great idea! Yes you can take the door apart… I have, BUT, it was a pain in the butt. It took a lot longer than what this will take and when putting the door back together and back on….EVERYTHING has to be alighned EXACTLY or you run into problems which was time consuming for me. I will definitely be using this idea…I have put off cleaning this due to the troubles it was taking it apart….so thanks again for this post., now off to cleaning I go.:0)

13. 34

The spots on the glass have been making me crazy for 2 years- I literally have tears of joy that you discovered this solution. I just did it and it worked like a charm!!!! Thank you!!!

• 35

Yay! I’m so happy I could help! :)

• 36
      A Pisciotta says:

We have the same exact oven and I have asked all the salespeople where ever we have gone as well as calling the manufacturer and even repair people-no one knew of a way to clean this. I cannot even begin to tell you how frustrated I was about the spots in between the door-drove me insane! I cannot wait to try this.
      PS Manufacturer told us the only way was to remove the door, but did not recommend it-guess I’m not that brave! Thanks for the alternative!

14. 37

I would much rather do what you’re suggesting than take the door apart, which would be a big hassle AND void my warranty! Going to give this a try, but not sure how far I will get since mine is in the wall (no drawer to remove, no access to the bottom like yours… I do have vents at the top of the door, so we shall see!). My oven is a thing of beauty but the glass is just gross… can’t wait to see if this will work for me! :)

15. 38

thanks for posting this. I have the same exact oven and it is horrible to keep clean, esp betwn the glass.

16. 39
    Patt Butti says:

Dear Anna, Inside my refrigerator crisper drawers, there is a double plastic front on it. Things leak down inside this and I’m unable to clean it out. Got any ideas?

• 40

Can you find where the leaks are getting in? Once you find the source of how the leaks are getting inside the plastic, I would use a similar technique to the oven glass to clean between the plastic on your drawers.

• 41

I have the same problem. What I do is spray the heck out of it with all purpose cleaner, wait a bit then place it under the faucet with the hot water running on it. I have a faucet with a hose which makes it easier to direct the water right on it. Hope this helps.

• 42

I had refrigerator bins like that. I used a dental water pick to blast the crud out. Works great.

17. 43

Just a word of warning… I tried this and my oven has insulation in the door and it is blocking these slots so I accidentally moved the insulation. I’m not going to try any further

18. 44

Great tip! I didn’t know that…should have, but didn’t. lol
    Debbie :)
    Debbie recently posted..Forcing SpringMy Profile

19. 45
    Robin Wilson says:

Anna – thanks so much for passing on this info!! You are the best.

PS: Celebrating Everyday Life with Jennifer Carroll sent me!

20. 46

Anna!
    Your so smart…….I have been married for 39 years,consider myself a good cleaner and I NEVER knew you could clean between the glass of an oven! Thanks I will keep that in mind!!!

21. 47

Great stuff, always wanted a way to clean those blasted over doors, I’m stoked. Thanks

22. 48

Thank you for this Anna! It worked well and now the dust that has been driving me crazy for years is gone!

23. 50

I love these blogs, this oven door cleaning is a great idea I will be putting it into action then maybe I will be able to see what I am cooking!

24. 51

We just self-cleaned this exact oven and the plastic vent area is now looking burnt! It is stained brown and we cannot get it clean. Any suggestions?

• 52

Yeah mine does that too, I hate it. A Magic Eraser will get it off. :)

• 53

I have the same oven. Mine has the burnt areas on top of the door too! And I feel like the whole door doesn’t have a snug fit when closed. Maybe the previous owners took the door off to clean the glass :) Any one else have the non-sealing issue or an idea of how to fix it?

• 54

I’ve tried a magic eraser on the burnt spots on top of oven door from the self cleaning option. Didn’t work on mine. Any other ideas? Thanks!

• 55

I use Arm & Hammer toothpaste to clean tough spots on my cooktop, I think it should do the trick for those tough spots too. I know it sounds crazy but it really works! Here’s my post on it” http://askannamoseley.com/2012/01/day-10-cleaning-the-oven/

25. 56
    whati'vefound says:

It always amazes me how many people do not know that almost all oven doors come off. Self cleaning ovens – not likely. But the rest – usually do. Some of the newer ovens may have a little “handle” type lever on the hinges that may need to be flipped down first, (do both hinges) but not all. Just open the door all the way, grab on both sides firmly about half way down and lift up slightly then pull out. Set on table or counter to work instead of laying on floor. This also makes it easier to reach the back and roof of the inside of the oven when cleaning it.

26. 57

Brilliant. I love getting things REALLY, REALLY clean whenever I clean them, which may not be that often. But when I want done, I want it done right. Thank you for the step by step instructions!
    Mothering From Scratch recently posted..what happens in the mommy online world? sometimes too muchMy Profile

27. 58
    Marguerite says:

We took screws out, removed a pain of glass, cleaned it back. Put back together. Now the drawer closes in too far/ not flush with stove front. Can anyone help!?

28. 59

I can’t wait to try this. I thought I’d have to take my door apart. Thanks!

29. 60

I opened the door to clean in between and could never get it back together right with the rubber around the edge, and I’m pretty handy, frustrating!!!

30. 61

wow…cool thanks
    kelly thompson recently posted..Kid / Parent Bedtime Journal…Have you made one yet?My Profile

31. 62
    Beth Spencer says:

I love reading your site!!

32. 63

Great tip! Thanks so much for this helpful tutorial! The pics certainly make it easier!

33. 64

Amazing. I would never have thought of doing this! Happy EASTER & happy prepping, in a squeeky clean kitchen!
    Rose :: Fine Craft Guild recently posted..DIY Easter Eggs for Scavenger HuntMy Profile

34. 65

Thank you for this post! It is very helpful! I look forward to tackling my oven door too! I repinned it! :)
    Diane recently posted..HPK (Haller Pizza Kitchen) BBQ Chicken PizzaMy Profile

35. 66
    Maryann houlihan says:

I have wanted to know this answer for 37 years. Always a cleaning buff and hated the dirty glass. All that time and it was so easy. Thank you!

36. 67
    Melanie says:

I am unable to access the page about how to clean between oven glass because this comment box is blocking the bottom of the page. Please advise.

37. 69
    Makabaggins says:

I wish I knew this before reading another blogs page… It’s only four screws to take the glass off the door…. And $150 to replace the glass after you break it:(
    This is a winner in my book! Thank you!

38. 70
    Cindy D. says:

Oh Thank You, Thank You! Last week I looked at my oven door and wondered why the door was so dirty. I just cleaned it! Then I looked closer and saw the mess was between the 2 layers of glass. I thought I will never get in there, but you have saved the day. Thank you.

39. 71

Tried again. This time used clorex wipes. Guess what, it worked. I also found that after I took off the door that it was easier to clean if I put door at a slant rather than lay it flat.

40. 72

all u have to do is remove door of oven. tilt door out lift off clean and replace no struggle this way.

41. 73

Wouldn’t it be much easier to just remove the door,then laying on your backon the floor,the door will com off easy enough

42. 74
    christina voth says:

Most ovens have three screws at the bottom of the door to remove the trim piece that holds the glass on, remove screws, remove glass clean & replace. Much easier!

43. 75

I take my oven door off and lay it on the countertop or table and clean it the same way. This is easier than having to get on the floor

44. 76

I love this!! I can’t get on the floor though so think I’ll just take the door off and turn it upside down! Thanks :)

45. 77
    Cristal Campbell says:

what is the best product to clean shower stalls I think I have tried everything and although some scum comes off their is always some that wants to hang in there. Thank you

46. 79

I can see this as a way to clean between the glass but why not just take the door off and lay it on the floor to clean it rather than having to lie on the floor and look up. Most all oven doors can be removed.

47. 80

Hi All.

Ever wonder why it gets so dirty in there in the first place. It made me crazy until I figured it out.

I eventually realized that it was steam condensation from NOT preheating the oven long enough to warm the glass through.

After taking the oven door apart several times (mine is old and has many screws and painful layers) it struck me when I noticed condensation one time. I now preheat a little longer and have never had the problem again.

48. 81

Thanks for the tip. . I tried the hanger and it worked but there are still 2 drips inside the double pane that I just can’t reach. I also have some gunk spots from self-cleaning. Arrrgh !I called our local Maytag repair center (just down the street) and they said if I bring the door in they will clean it for $25. After all the time I’ve spent I figure $25 is worth not having to take the door apart and put it back together :). Now I have more time to work on the dingy vinyl floor in the laundry room. Any tips for that :).

49. 82

Oh thank you soooo much for this cleaning tip! I have been trying to hide my oven doors with dish towels hanging on the handles because I thought it was hopeless! It will be a BIG relief to get this job done!!

btw- I am a 1st time visitor, and I’m already in love with your site! Can’t wait to read and learn some more!!

50. 84

THANK YOU – This is SO timely as we are renting out our house and just getting ready to do a big clean and I had NO IDEA how to clean that in-between part of the glass!

51. 85

Any ideas on how to clean the space between the microwave door window?

52. 87
    Jacqueline says:

You are awesome. I was so ashamed of my nasty oven in my cute kitchen. I thought I would have to buy a new stove. I can’t remove my glass like some of the other people on here, so this is a life(&money) saver. Now off to my mom’s with my cleaning contraption;)

53. 88

This is great! That window of the oven has driven me crazy forever!!! I honestly cannot wait to get home and try this!

54. 89

Wouldn’t it be easier if you took the door off the hinges first and turn it upside down or even lay it on the kitchen table? just saying…

55. 90

You can also slowly open the oven door, there is a natural stop there for leaving the door open when broiling. You can now lift up the oven door and lay it on a flat surface. I use my table with a protective cover on it. Now you can access the bottom of the door without laying on the floor.

56. 91

I took my oven door off and then apart to clean it. The moisture bead was back in a week. Can the glass be sealed in some way to prevent this? Some type of caulk that would withstand the heat?

• 92

I would ask someone at an appliance store. I don’t want to tell you something and then have it start a fire in your oven. :/

57. 93

I dread cleaning the oven…this is really helpful though, thank you!

58. 94
    luckyinwv says:

I have had my husband take the glass out a couple years ago but never again! We had major trouble putting back together.Thank you for this great tip! I will try it tomorrow :)

59. 95

Thank you so much!! I ve been wanting to do this for so long and didnt know how to get between there.

60. 96

How can you clean between the glass on a microwave, or can you? I think they are sealed.

• 97

I haven’t found a solution to this, because my door doesn’t come apart and I can’t get the glass out, sorry. You can try You Tubing it.

61. 98

I used a dryer vent cleaning brush (it has a long, flexible handle) I wrapped it in a cleaning cloth and doused it with window cleaner. I didn’t have to take the drawer out or the door off. I pulled the drawer open, and just squatted down to feel for the openings in the bottom of the drawer. I noticed on my oven door that that are vent slots at the top, and I guess that’s how the drips get in there. Wonder why they make them that way? Thank you for the tips! happy with a nice clean oven door…

62. 99

For years I’ve been hoping there is a way to clean between the oven glass never thought to look
    under the oven door. I even asked a man once who I thought was very bright, but he had no answer.
    I hated to look at the over not be able to clean between the glass.
    Thank you very much for being so inventive.
    As I always heard and say, necessity is the mother of invention.
    I’m one for inventions especially when you can recycle and reuse.

63. 100
    GeorgiaLes says:

I like the idea; I’ll have to try it. However the idea brings back memories of me taking my oven door apart over 20 years ago so I could clean inside the glass. I did get the glass clean but I had a helluva time getting the door back together. I sat on the floor and cried because I wished my dad was still around to help me put the door back together. Eventually I got it together and did get the door together but it was quite an ordeal. I won’t do that again.

64. 101
    Danielle says:

Yes!!! Thank you!

65. 102

I love it, except you left out the fact that you can take the door off, then turn it upside down. I have fibromyalgia and arthritis so bad that laying on the floor would be awful, mostly when it came to getting back up! :)

66. 103

Thank you so much that has been bugging me for years!!! you are brilliant!!

67. 104

Thank you soooo much Fabulous idea!!!!!

68. 105

Wow. I had no idea you could clean the glass that easily. I will try that. Great idea.

69. 106
    elizabeth baker says:

Isn’t it easier to remove the door rather than laying on the floor, what I do is remove the door it just slides off, lay it on table remove the four screws that hold the pieces together . clean the glass and put the two pieces back together screw in place put door back on

70. 107

Oh My Gosh! My oven window has needed cleaning since just after I bought it which is YEARS AGO! I’m on vacation now but can’t wait to get back to try this! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

71. 108

I just take the door apart it is very easy

72. 109

Ok going to try this. Now I have a over the stove microwave that the window looks dirty/burnt. Any ideas?

73. 110

I was so happy to find this! I have been wondering for a long time how I could ever clean between the glass on the oven door. I thought I would just have to buy a new stove! Thanks for saving me the expense.

74. 111

I just take the handle off the doors once a month and pull the 2 door pieces apart and clean the other side of the glass. Been doing it for about 5 years now and haven’t had any adverse affects to the oven.

75. 113
    Jeanette Huddleston says:

I am so excited to try this. I am going to do it first thing tomorrow. Kudos to you for sharing!!!

76. 114

I have abug in the clock area of my stove how do you get it out?

• 115

How the heck did it get in there!? :) I think you might have to call and ask the appliance store, I’m not sure about that one, sorry.

77. 116

I only just had something spill and get between the glass and wondered how I was suppose top clean that! Thanks

78. 117

O.K. what happens when you clean your oven door & the baking soda & vinegar seep between the glass [bad seal i guess] and your oven is wall mounted with NO drawer under? i need help!
    signed terrible housekeeper

• 118

Oh no! Well since we recently moved I also now have wall mounted ovens and when you open the oven door there is a slit at the top, similar to how there’s a slot in the bottom of my other oven. You should be able to clean it the same way, just coming from the top instead. :)

79. 119

Thank you soooo much for this information! I’ve got drips between the glass that have been bugging me for YEARS. Can’t wait to try your method.

80. 120

This does work and I am very grateful for the post! Was hard work, but I can see thru oven glass again without drips running thru glass. They had been driving me crazy. I resorted to a ScotchBrite streak free cloth for windows, rubberbanded to a hanger to get more cleaning surface to finish up after using many Windex wipes. Thank You!

81. 121

Forgot to say, I sat on a footstool and used a mirror on floor to see openings instead of laying on the floor.

82. 122

i do not have them openings

83. 123

I am so glad to know this. I actually have cobwebs between the glasses in my oven door, and they have been there FOREVER! This is getting done tomorrow.

84. 124

thanks been trying every way did not think about the door leften out great!

85. 125

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I moved into my home several years back and there was a very annoying amount of yuck between the pieces of glass on my oven. Hated it, always looked dirty. I read this post and immediately took apart my oven – my door actually comes off with a bit of muscle. Glass now sparkles!!! You’re tip was amazing!

86. 126

How do you clean the glass on the oven door? Thank you for you answer.

87. 128

This was awesome! Thanks so much. One more thing that bugged me but had no clue how to clean!

88. 129

oh my goodness! Thank you so much for the info! I was just about to start unscrewing and taking apart my oven to get between the glass! The spots inside were driving my nuts:)

89. 130

My oven is built in and doesn’t have a drawer. Anyway to clean between the glass on this type of door?

• 131

The oven in our new house is built in too and instead of having slits in the bottom of the door it has them on the top. Take a look at yours and tell me if it doesn’t have any and then I can look up a post another blogger I know wrote, about taking the door apart.

90. 132
    Joy Cjhristie says:

Love this information!
    My oven will look fabulous by Thanksgiving!

91. 133
    margie hayduk says:

No website yet! just want you to know I am 3 months shy of 60 and this is the first time I have seen how to clean inside oven glass!
    TY!

92. 134

I never knew there was a way to clean between the oven glass. Thanks A LOT

93. 135

I’m going to try this – this is so cool! I didn’t know one could clean between the glass – DUH! I would rather not take the door off – works for m! Thanks, Anna! Now I have new hope of getting the two lines of pancake batter cleaned out!!!
    Adrienne recently posted..Iron LadyMy Profile

94. 136
    TalleySueNY says:

That’s my very stove! And it has a drip of some sort inside the oven door. Thanks!

95. 137
    Kathy Spicer says:

Thanks! I’ve wondered for a long time how I was going to do this!

96. 138
    Melina Yrojo says:

Thanks for the tutorial on streak-free oven glass

97. 139

I did not know you could get to this without disassembling the door!

Does anyone know how to access this part with a wall oven (no drawer underneath)?

98. 141

This has been driving me CRAZY for the past couple years. I don’t have so much gunk/streaks as I do cat hair in there!! OMG it’s so embarassing. I suppose the heat pulls it up. I did not realize there were slats at the bottom, and mine has huge slats. Getting my vac and small hose and finally getting that hair out of there. Yea, we have long haired cats, and we love them. But not the hair!

99. 142

I’M GOING TO TRY THIS TOMORROW, I’VE ALWAYS WONDERED HOW TO CLEAN IN BETWEEN.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO.

DONNA

100. 143

Loved this hint….and the ideas from all others. I need all the help I can get to clean my house quickly, efficiently. Thanks a bunch!!

101. 144

can this be done on a self-cleaning oven? I sure hope so!

102. 146

I paid an appliance repairman to have the glass cleaned between my oven door and now it is badly streaked again. I can’t afford to keep paying to have someone come and take the door apart to clean it. so needless to say I was so glad i came upon your tip on pinterest when looking over the top pins of 2013. This streak has been bothering me and I have been covering it by hanging a towel on the door handle. Thanks for sharing.

103. 147

Any suggestions for an oven with no drawer? Mine is a double oven and the glass is FILTHY!

104. 149
    Deborah Mobberly says:

I never knew how on my old stoves. I have a new stove now so I will know how if it gets dirty. Thanks so much.

105. 150
    Alita DeVere says:

OMG you are a life saver! I never knew this, and thought my Grandmother had every trick in the book! Fabulous tip thanks :D

106. 152
    Santina Tadduni says:

Nice, will try this

107. 153

Omg so happy to find this pin, have been covering soiled glass with fancy towels forever. can’t wait to run out to get windex wipes. Thanks for sharing!

108. 154

Great idea! But what about the interior oven glass surface that has baked on splatters, etc. What a mess! Other family members did the cooking for about a year and I cannot get it clean. I did a search on your website but nothing came up. Can you help, Anna? By the way, you have a beautiful family.

109. 157

You Rock!!!

110. 158
    Carol stock says:

Thank You!!!! this has been driving me nuts

111. 159

I am going to try your oven glass cleaning tip, and sure do hope it works as easy as it looks. Thankyou.

112. 160

this problem has haunted. I hang oven cloths and tea towels over the door to mask the window. I will try this. Thank you.

113. 161
    jamice owens says:

I am so thankful to have found this info. I’ve gone almost nuts trying to figure this out and was thinking of purchasing a new stove simply because the glass was dirty. There is one issue…how am I going to get up off the floor (kidding-but wondering). Again, thanks for the info. Looking forward to a clean oven door.

114. 162
    Catherine BTW says:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! This has been making me crazy for YEARS!!! ;-D Catherine

115. 163
    jennifer skinner says:

freakin genius! mine has this cobweb of nasty inside I hate sooooo much I was gonna use it as my big excuse to get a new one. Thanks for that tip! I have the exact stove so I’m sure it will work yay!

116. 164

Even ServePro didn’t know how to clean this — I’m impressed!!
    Can’t wait to try!

117. 165

Awesome possum! I did this for my mother and scored major brownie points. Neither one of us knew this was possible.

118. 166

I KNEW there had to be a better way than to take the entire door apart!
    Had no idea there were little vents down there, and yes, your method worked splendidly.
    Thank you for saving me hours of frustration!
    And I love my clean oven glass!

119. 167

Thank goodness for pinterest! I have been wondering how to do this for awhile now… though honestly I haven’t investigated how at all. I am going to investigate further this weekend. I have a healthy supply of annoying wire hangers from the drycleaner, I would be happy to have a few fewer!
    Anne @ Unique Gifter recently posted..First Year Anniversary Gift IdeasMy Profile

120. 168

I found your blog through Craftgossip.com….THANK YOU! This is perfect. I’ve always wondered how to clean that area….I am going to try this tomorrow. Thanks again!

121. 169

There are 4 screws that you can easily remove from the bottom of the door and the glass comes off for easy cleaning.

122. 170
    Sybil Hyde says:

Hi Anna,
    Thanks for the tip. I will try it, however, I’m a senior and I’m not sure if I get down I can get up. lol Bad knees is a bummer. A great way to have my grandson earn extra money.

123. 171

Could you please give me an idea on how to wash walls and ceilings without climbing a ladder? It is getting almost impossible to do it with a rag & bucket.

124. 173

Very cool! I am saving this link so that I can this very thing. My oven glass really needs this bad. Thanks for the tip!
    Cathy Kennedy recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Graveyard FieldsMy Profile

125. 174

I have never known how to clean that and it always frustrated me. Thanks for the tip!

126. 175

thanks for sharing this. I was thinking about take the door apart..so now I don’t have to.. thanks so much.

127. 176

Can u tell me how to clean between microwave glass? Will the oven tip work for microwaves?

• 177

Hey this is Monique Anna’s assistant. I am helping her answer some of the comments. Her is Anna’s response:
      I have not tried this tip on the microwave glass. I’ve owned a few different microwaves and I’ve never been able to figure out how to clean inside of the glass. If it’s really dirty you could probably take it to a local appliance store and ask them to clean it. Sorry I can’t be more help for this one! :)

128. 178

Thank you so much.I took mine a part an it took me 45 minutes for the smaller one…

129. 179

Very cool, thank you.

130. 180
    Naomi jolly says:

I am so glad to have found this . My oven door has a huge streak all way down and i am sure going to try this . i had no idea there was an opening . I dont know how the streak got between my glass ? thank you so much .

131. 181
    Agostino k says:

Good idea! But I’ll rather do it the other way buy taking a part the oven door seein that you’ll, be a ale to clean all 3 peaces of glass there and it only take about 20 min to take it apart and bit it back together!

132. 182

Oh thank you!!! I clean houses by day and sell Pampered Chef any other time. I have one client that has asked me on a couple occasions to clean ‘that’ area…and I’ve told her I could not get there…now I can! Oh will she be surprised the next time I clean her home! (or I may email her this and ask her if she can do it…it may take me more than my alloted time) Either way…perfrect!

133. 183
    Debbi Onischuk says:

such a neat idea… must try when I get home !!!

134. 184

what can I do to take the sticky off of my refrigerator and stove hood?

• 185
      mreynolds says:

Hello Dora,

This is Monique, Anna’s assistant. This is a great question. Anna is working on a post to answer this question and it shoud be on the blog next week some time!

135. 186

I have a double oven. There is no drawer. What then?

• 187

Hey, I am Monique, Anna’s assistant. I am helping her out by answering some of the questions. Here is her response: I have a double oven in our new house and there are slits (similar to the ones in the pictures) at the top of the door, instead of the bottom. Look for them and see if you oven has them, if it does you can clean it the same way. I will be writing a post about this soon since it’s a popular question. :)

136. 188

Great! Now only if someone could figure out how to do the same for a microwave.

137. 189

Works great

138. 190

My oven is in the way and height is great for me. Opened the door and across the top are spaces that are just short of 2 1/2″ each and it worked great. Thank you so much.

139. 191
    ron drover says:

In most ranges the oven door will pull out of the hindges quite easily making the job even easier. Great tip.

140. 192

This is something i will surely try.
    Now, how do you get whites white again?.
    I tried, iron out, oxi clean, javex and vinegar.

141. 194

Thank u so much. I really needed this.

142. 195

How do you clean in between. Storm windows?

143. 197

Thanks – and you would be RIGHT about the door becoming loose over time.

144. 198

I was just trying to figure out how to get my oven glass clean about an hour ago! Thanks for this! Gonna get to it now!!
    Carrie Medford recently posted..Becoming A Valuable Team Player Leads To Huge BenefitsMy Profile

145. 199

wow, this is a crazy idea…just unscrew the two handle screws! The glass plate comes right out…PLUS one can clean the lip where the glass bottom is seated! Skip the hanging upside down and TRYING to maneuver the hanger!

146. 200
    Ponytailmom says:

I read the posts and scrolled like crazy.. Sooooo what if I have a double decker oven? I am thinking I am doomed, since the oven is over 10 years old.

• 201

147. 202
    Julie Townsend says:

I would just like to know how it gets so dirty inside there anyway. Always puzzled me. My microwave gets dirty inside the double glass. I made my husband pull it all apart, maybe not such a clever idea but it worked and it has been checked since. Guess I was lucky that time.

148. 203
    Mary Comadoll says:

I have a wall oven. How do i clean in between the glass on that? I love ur idea for the regular oven but I don’t have one of those…please help!

Thank u!!!

• 204
      mreynolds says:

Hello,
      This is Monique, Anna’s assistant. I am helping her answer some of these questions. Here is her response “Try looking for the slits (similar to the ones in the pictures) at the top of the door, instead of the bottom. Look for them and see if you oven has them, if it does you can clean it the same way.” Anna will be writing a post about this soon since it’s a popular question. :)

149. 205
    Helen Engel says:

great tip love it

150. 206

Anna thanks for the tip.
    Why take the door off when its more work.
    I have the very same oven thats in the picture so it was easy to clean.
    Thanks again.

151. 207
    Linda tanner says:

I gave one little streak between the glass can’t wait to try this today.

152. 208

How did you even come up with a crazy idea of doing this to clean the inside of the oven window? It’s brilliant, but wow! You rock.
    Linda had a little Lamb recently posted..How to make a candy shell cake linerMy Profile

153. 209

I don’t care if I have to lay on the floor! I cannot wait to give this a try! The glass in my oven has been bothering me for years! Finally a solution!!!

154. 210
    Barbara Carbonneau says:

This is something I love to know, But some people cannot lay on the floor so have you ever tried suing a good sized hand mirror, I will try it and thank you for the tip.. .

155. 211
    dolores poston says:

How can inget built up Grease off top of my stove where the control knobs are it is black in color and grease shows on it sooo much. Ive tried sooo many cleners to no avail. Thanks

• 212
      mreynolds says:

Dolores,

This is Monique, Anna’s assistant. This is a really great question. I will go ahead and add it to the list of Anna’s “Reader’s Questions”. Be on the look out for a blog post on this topic soon! Thanks for reading Ask Anna!

156. 213

Hello Anna! Blessings to you! Thank you for your site, and thank you for not being ashamed to profess your belief and faith in our God. I’m trying to surround my self with believers in every aspect of my life. Thanks for the blessing of meeting another Sister, and a Sister who can teach me to clean my oven at that!

157. 215

I have this same oven. Looking for suggestions on how to keep the slats at the top and around the handle clean, seems like there is always crumbs in there! I try to clean it with a cloth but cant seem to get in there as the handle is in the way and very narrow, I am going ot try cleaning btw the glass, the drawer slides out pretty easily! Great tips! Also have others used the “self cleaner”? I turned it on one day and it just stunk so bad! Wondering how long that lasts or how many time it takes to not smell like that! So bad I could taste it!

158. 217
    Diane Keip says:

Why couldn’t just take the door off and do this. It slides right off.

159. 218

Always wondered:)

160. 219
    Daphne. Duff says:

I was so happy to see the cleaning of the glass in the oven door….super,

161. 220

WOW Thank you.

• 221
      Charlie Pierce says:

The first thing to do is borrow a bowling pin and whack every engineer involved. A woman engineer (or any 6th grader) would likely design the door better. After all, we have been able to get to the moon and back! Manufacture vaulted vents on the sides instead of funneling stuff down into the window. Safety: the hinges have strong springs. Lower door parallel to floor. After pulling the two release tabs down (use a sturdy toothpick so as not to break fingernails,) locate the door in the partially opened notched broil position, then pull the door straight off the hinge slides. If so equipped pull two shelf wires out of holes. Leave the hinge slides jutting outward. After cleaning the glass any way you want, put two shelf wires back into holes in the door, ease the door back onto the two jutting hinge slides, lower door parallel to floor and push two lock tabs fully upward. Done!

162. 222
    Huguette Morin says:

How to clean the rope around oven door ?

• 223
      mreynolds says:

Hey Huguette,

163. 224

Can you do this to self cleaning ovens, aren”t they sealed?

164. 226

can you tell me how to clean the glass at the top of the stove, I have a large drip of something there. I mean where the controls are located.

165. 228

Do you have to unplug stove first?

166. 230

I wouldn’try this if stove electric without taking door off

167. 231

You can pull the door up and it will come off of the hinges. I haven’t attempted to
    clean mine yet but a friend of mine showed me how it just pulls up off the hinges. There are screws there and it looks like if you unscrew them you can get to the glass to clean it. If not you could still use your method after you removed the door and it would be easier to get at that way.

168. 232
    tim sauder says:

doors on ovens come off in seconds and go on the same way. Just open and then lift and pull.. It would make it easier then the drawer out and upside down method.

169. 233

Thank you so much for this tip!!!

170. 234

thanks i am going to try this

171. 235
    Kathy Custer says:

Wouldn’t it be easier to take door off and lay it flat on counter or table? Most oven dooers will slide off if you open them partway and lift them up.

172. 236
    Michelle Phillips says:

I thank you for showing me how to clean my oven glass liked that thank you what else have you got for idea let me no okay

173. 237

It’s a lot easier just to remove the two bolts holding the panels together the glass is between. Clean the glass put panel back and tighten the bolts.

174. 238

THIS WAS A BRILLIANT IDEA. WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT OR IF IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE!

175. 239
    diana burnham says:

THANK YOU for that tip on cleaning the window in the oven. Always wondered how to get to that.

176. 240

Thanks that was a great tip

177. 241

THANK YOU. I HATE TO SEE MY OVEN DOOR LOOKING LIKE THAT

178. 242
    Joyce Scott says:

Hi Anna, I am going to do my oven door the way you did your’s. Thank you for the information. Do you have any clue’s about how to get the shine back on laminate floor’s.
    I clean mine with Bona cleaner and poished once with Bona polish now I can’t get mark’s off and my floor is not shiny anymore.
    Joyce

179. 244

If you’re carful, you won’t have those drips. There are slots in the top of the door that are the reason for those drips. Be careful when you’re cleaning that moisture doesn’t drip into them.(or food)

180. 245

This is fantastic. Never in all my years that you could clean between the glass on the oven doors. I will have to try this. Thanks so much for your tutorial on this. :) <3

181. 246

Hi Anna !
    Thanks for all your great tips!
    My question is very frustrating….what is the best way to clean the grill under the fridge? I will always own a dog, so I’m combatting hair as well. My vacuum is to big even with the upholstery brush, and a skinny bristle brush wont touch it….It really is building up with no hope in sight :( Its overheated twice…SOS
    Beth

• 247

Hey Beth, this is Monique Anna’s assistant. Usually on a refridgerator the grill at the bottom should be removable. You might have to look for a couple screws that are holding it in but most of the time it just clicks in. Once you have it removed you can probably let it soak in the sink or bathtub and give it a good scrubbing. Be prepared though, these are one of those spots that rarely get cleaned! Hope this helps!

182. 248

I have a question that I need help with? I have a white laundry washing machine. The corner pocket “where you are supposed to put the chlorine bleach” is making the area around it very yellow. It looks a bit unsightly. Is there a way to get it back to the clean white color, with out taking away the white paint sheen?

183. 250

Seriously!! I never knew this! Going to try it today! Thank you so much!
    Tracey recently posted..A Texas Favorite – Cowboy Boots!My Profile

184. 251
    Martha Beason says:

My oven does not have a drawer under the oven. Any suggestions?

• 252

Hi this is Monique, Anna’s assistant. I am helping her answer some of the questions. Her is Anna’s response:I have a double oven in our new house and there are slits (similar to the ones in the pictures) at the top of the door, instead of the bottom. Look for them and see if you oven has them, if it does you can clean it the same way. I will be writing a post about this soon since it’s a popular question. :)

185. 253
    Monty Thornburg says:

Tired this first but could not get the baked-on food off the glass so I ended up taking off the oven door. I looked up the make and model of my oven on-line to get a detailed drawing of parts because some of parts came loose from the door when I took it off. Took some time but I got it cleaned and put back together.

186. 255

I am so excited to try this , I was going to do the take the door apart but worried I might not be able too. Thank you .

187. 256
    sandra smith says:

wow, thanks for the tip.

188. 257

Do you know how to get a locked oven door open if there is some food in it?

189. 259

I will need to try this. Now if someone could tell me how to get the brown stains off my stove vents from the self cleaning oven.

190. 260
    James Katkus says:

Great tip, thanks!

191. 261

so i have a double oven and no bottom wondering how it would work to clean mine?

• 262

Hey there,
      I am Monique, Anna’s assistant. I am helping her out by answering some questions. Her is her response:

192. 263

Very clever Anna! Those grease drips were making a clean oven look dirty!
    Leticia Velasquez recently posted..The first week of homeschoolingMy Profile

193. 264
    Peggi Tebben says:

That has been driving me crazy that it looks like something is dripping down the glass on the inside. I will try this first thing in the morning. Thanks.

194. 265

Love your site, first visit here. I have a question: you have on your Pinterest a board about pinning. My issue is deleting old stuff??? Please let me know .
    Thanks
    Kathleen
    Kathleen Quinlan recently posted..How to Clean Cloudy GlassMy Profile

• 266

Hey Kathleen. This is Monique, Anna’s assistant
      Are you referring to deleting things old pins off of Pinterest?

195. 267

I love cleaning , organizing and decorating too. I think we are going to become good friends, Anna !

196. 268

This may work great but I have built up grease as this stove is supplied by my landlord.How can I get the grease from between the glass and the baked on crude on door,sides,top,back and bottom of oven. Also I have tried to clean the grease from under the burner ring on top of stove as well as the baked on crude inside the the drip ring to no avail.it wont come off.Any ideas?

• 269
      mreynolds says:

Hey Debbie,

This is Monique, Anna’s assisitant. I am helping her answer some of the questions. Here is her response: She is not sure how to get grease from between the oven glass other than taking the oven glass off. She suggests googling your brand of oven to find out how to remove the glass. For the rest of your questions, Anna has written a great post that includes all of that information. Check it out here: http://askannamoseley.com/2012/01/day-10-cleaning-the-oven/

197. 270

I have been looking for instructions on how to do this for months.

198. 271

Thank You I have tried and it works wonder.

199. 272

this is great info.. thanks

200. 273

Any way to clean between the glass on a microwave door?

• 274

Hey there, I am Anna’s assistant and am helping her answer some of these comments! Her is her response:

201. 275

Thank you Anna- something did not know & even went back to store were it was purchased. Lady there said she only sold them, didn’t repair. Same Answer I got about a GE Refrigerator.. Thank you for helping! Enjoy your day! Jean

202. 276

I did not even know you could clean between the glass on oven glass thanks for sharing

203. 277

I have many stains from red soda, to kids vomit on my rugs. How do I get the stain out of my cream colored rugs?

204. 279

I’m so glad to find this I have not tried it yet but I definetly will ,been trying to figure out a way to clean it

205. 280

amazing I am going to try it thanks!

206. 281

a face book friend posted this and it’s just what I’ve been needing. When I moved into my apt. there was already a smudge between the glass on the oven door so I thought well I don’t know how to get it clean either, then my friend posted your answer. I am soo glad thank you for your knowledge

207. 282

Thank you. I have that problem for 5 years. Now I can clean it I’m so excited to try it.

208. 283

any help you can give me on how to get a plastic shower stall clean-lots of soap scum and years of not being cleaned (I think the old owners did not put much if any effort into cleaning)

209. 285

with most ovens you can pull off the door to make this easier. then slide it back on.

210. 286

Hello, although I like the way you have cleaned your glass there is a simpler way.

The handle screws are the only thing holding the glass on. if you place tape on the edges of the glass to hold it in place, you can remove the handle, the top portion slides up and off. You can then remove the glass and clean both sides. this will leave you with a perfectly clean glass. Just be careful not to break the glass. Its about 75.00 to 100.00 just for the glass.

When you are putting it back together remember to clean the top cover of grease and debris. ;)

211. 287

I love all the cleaning notes that I see posted,thank you so much.

212. 288
    Nila Cooper says:

Liked the idea of how to clean between oven glass.

213. 289
    Vicki Kielsmeier says:

I have never had a gas stove and oven before. I read the instructions on cleaning,but it says I can’t use anything but water. I can’t get the oven clean if there is a spill. How do I clean a gas oven and stove

214. 291

Yea! This worked!!! I don’t have to look at those ugly drip spots any more! Thank you so much for sharing this information.

215. 292
    Donna Hartigan says:

what a wonderful idea I am so excited I know this will be useful 2 a lot of people thank you what 2 find more ideas for some helpful ideas thank you very much.

216. 293

How do you clean the glass in the micro-wave.

• 294

217. 295
    james reynolds says:

How do ya clean between double pane Glass?

218. 297
    Lori Larsen says:

Thank you so much for this info! My dad has this same type of oven and I tried to clean it but was quite frustrated. I just sent him your info and hopefully he’ll be able to get to it – or someone else but at least its a start. Thank you so much!

219. 298

Didn’t know that, thanks

220. 299

Find a man to remove the door. It literally takes 2 minutes. Instead of struggling with this for 30 minutes and getting poor results. If your an adventurous lady, find a quality phillips screwdriver and just start unscrewing things. Putting the door back together you may need some assistance because it has a spring that holds it in place. I did it myself but it was a little tough with one person.

221. 300

Will definitely try the solution for cleaning oven glass. My question is how do you clean the surfaces of the microwave and the stove (other than the actual cook top surface) which seems to be made of some sort of poly finish over the black. I cannot seem to get it clean.

222. 302
    Patricia Cassidy says:

Love this information. Never knew before.

223. 303
    Caron Warner says:

Thank u so much for this info. We bought a used stove that had this issue. I have severe sleep apnea so look for ways to make cleaning easier but sufficient. One big job I’m facing is cleaning my wooden kitchen cabinets of greasy build up. I would appreciate any info u can share. Again, thanks!!
    Caron

224. 305

Why not just take the oven door off. Very easy just open it to the first stop which is about 4 inches open and pull up on the door and it will slide off the hinges and then you can lay it on a counter to clean the inside of the glass.

225. 306

i take the whole door apart tho i may try this new method

226. 307
    Gertrude Miller Slabach says:

I have 2 overns: one is convection and one is not. They are built into the cabinets and do not have a drawer under them. So I have no way to get under them by pulling out a drawer. Both have the streaks. They are both self-cleaning but of course that doesn’t help with this problem. Any suggestions?

• 308

227. 309

How can one clean the black tea ring off of the inside of coffee mugs? I have tried my Bosch dish washer, vinegar and baking soda and scrubbing with dish soap. The ring is stubborn!

228. 311
    Susie Walton says:

I think this is amazing and thank you for your great tips. My problem is I have a Maytag Gemini Double oven and all the tips to clean inside the window are never for the way my oven is built. This is a free standing oven not a built in. Any advice on how to clean inside the windows on this model of oven? Thanks so much

• 312

I have a double oven in our new house and there are slits (similar to the ones in the pictures) at the top of the door, instead of the bottom. Look for them and see if your oven has them, if it does you can clean it the same way.

229. 313
    linda voisine says:

Oh my gosh that was the best information I have heard in along time.Will use it soon as I clean for other people as well as my own.Thank you again.Linda

230. 314

I don’t know about yours, but my door comes off. Just open to notch for broiling, put hands on either side and lift off.

231. 315
    Ann McReynolds says:

The very top of my oven door has to brown spots from heat from the oven. I have tired every thing to remove or lighten them…Bleach help some but still am not happy.

232. 317

I once asked a repair man how I could get the stuff that got down thru the window and he said he would have to take the door apart that that might ruin the seal – so thanks for the tip I will try it this weekend

233. 318
    Pam Schuler says:

Great idea. I Have been using those foil pans in the bottom of the oven to catch drips. I am thinking the foil may cause the oven to not heat evenly. I read the other day about an oven liner. What is best to use in the bottom of the oven. I have a wall oven. Any and all ideas appreciated.

• 319

I wouldn’t use the foil, I tried that once and it melted to my oven. :/ I’ve never really thought about putting something down there (other than that one time with the foil) so I’m not sure. Sorry I can’t help more.

• 320

I’ve been using the oven liners from Bed, Bath & Beyond for years. The one by Chef’s Planet is more expensive but worth it. It lasts twice as long. I always buy two. I cut the second one into a liner for my toaster oven and a liner for my microwave. I love them.

234. 321
    Kim Steadman says:

I have my hubby unscrew the front from the back and clean the inside glass. :)

235. 322
    BGoldsmith says:

Anna, thank you so much! I had fixed a Blackberry Cobbler this fall. When I bent over to put the pie in the oven, I hit the pan on the door and I mean this was a 9 X 13 pan of Blackberry Cobbler. I finally got my stove all cleaned except inside the window of my oven door. I never thought to look on the bottom of the door for a way to get to the window. Thank you and I will let you know how it goes when I try it.

236. 323
    Gloia Hueons says:

My oven is a double oven and doesn’t have a drawer underneath. It cost too much money to be having smudges in between the door. I think it was a malfunction way to build the door where moisture could into it. Any other suggestion how to get into there without taking the door apart as I don’t believe that would be a wise move.

• 324

237. 325

Oh, I am definitely going to try this!

238. 326

Cool! I usually just make my hubs take apart the door. But for quick cleaning, I’ll remember this! Thank you!

239. 327

Sure glad you sure an incredible God. I do too!

240. 328

Use caution! I just cleaned my glass, but I got the cleaning wipe stuck between, when the hook got caught coming out. I had used two rubber bands to make sure the cloth was secured. When I pulled the hanger out, I pulled so hard the other end popped up and hit me in the nose. The glass really looks good after I spent several minutes poking the cleaning wipe around (trying to catch it on the end of the hook). I always have drama whenever I try new things…well, old things too. :-)

241. 329

Very creative. Now if I could only find a way to clean in between double paned windows. Sadly, I think one has a leak but my landlord is not going to replace it. Hard to see out but it’s not causing damage (that we can see) so he won’t get it fixed.

242. 331
    sandra owens says:

Thank you. I now know how to finally clean the glass in my oven. I have a wall.oven and this method should work.

243. 333

All well and good, but I need to know how to clean between double pane windows.

• 334

I don’t think you can. When you have something between your double pane window it means the seal is broken and it’s time to replace them. Sorry. :(

244. 335

Even easier, remove the oven door and sit on a available space and clean it standing up. That could work better for me. The idea is wonderful I always wanted to know how to clean that part on the stove.

245. 336

as this is a great idea I’m thinking it would be easier if as you will know you can lift the door off with a small jerk and pull and replace as easy. I would pull up the door lay it on the counter or bench……saves the bending and kneeling if your an older person, works gr888888.

246. 337
    Debbie Rison says:

I have a double oven. Can I use this technique on it. I spilled cornbread batter between the glass. I really don’t want to take the door apart. Thanks!

• 338

Yes you can. I have a double oven in our new house and there are slits at the top of the door. Go down through those, instead of going through the bottom. :)

247. 339

I made jello and spilled some of it on the glass in the refrigerator. Now it’s underneath the glass and I can’t get rid of it. What do I do? Thank you.

• 340

Hey Trish, this is Monique, Anna’s assistant. Usually in most refridgerators all the shelves and drawers are removable. You might actually be able to push the glass up off of the shelves to clean underneath them becausee I know liquids have a tendency seep into the joints of the shelves and drawers. Yuck! Let us know if you have any other questions!

248. 341

Another tip: If you notice the drip when it happens–our oven was new so the drip was obvious—pour a small amount of warm water into the vent at the top of the door. That’s how the drip got between the glass, so I just followed suit. Catch the excess water at the bottom with a towel. The drip washed right out with the water, with little or no mess/effort.

249. 343

I tried this method and it worked very well.I used water and vinegar for the cleanser then the same technique with a dry cloth.Thanks so much for the great tip.

250. 344

I think that would work, but I’d get my hubby to remove he door! That’d be a lot easier and the doors are simple to take off and replace!

251. 345

How to clean the control push buttons on the top of the stove?

252. 346

Wonderful tip- also, if your oven door is removable, you can slide it off, lay it on the counter and then no bending or stooping- easier for seniors and people with problems bending.:-)

253. 347
    Sally Thornton says:

really good instructions with pictures as to how the cleaning

254. 348

What happens if you do not have a drawer at the bottom I have a double oven small up top and larger on bottom how do you get to the top glass from there

255. 349

why dont you just unscrew the screws in the glass and 1 comes off

256. 350

good idea on cleaning oven window, but i have a cabinet with doorsso i cant get to it,

257. 351

I just wanted to leave a note to thank you for this tip on cleaning the insiode of glass oven doors!! I have been anguishing for months about taking the thing apart..or (gasp!) hiring someone to come in and do it, provided I could even find someone. I have beenb resorting to the hanging of the dish towel over the glass when company comes over! Your trick worked very very well..I couldn’t get mind prefect;y clear, but it is SOOOO much better, no milky streaks.. anyway, thanks again for taking the time to post this..Bless you.

258. 352
    Harold S. Gryder says:

Wouldn’t it have been easier to remove the door from the oven and place it on the dining table so it would be less of a strain on older people with stiff joints etc. ?

259. 353
    irene baker says:

This probably works even better if you can lift the door off like mine does,, I think I will give it a try

260. 354

Loved the tutorial on how to clean the oven door glass! Now I have another “oven” question for you: How can you clean a self-cleaning oven without using the self-clean program? My landlord provided an electric (UGH!) oven, but I have never been able to make the self-clean function work. No, he did not have the owner’s manual, and the stove is probably 20+ years old. I have tried to obtain the manual to no avail. I was able to sweep out the burned overflow from the bottom, but am afraid to use any kind of oven cleaner on it for fear of ruining the oven surface. I’ve heard you should never use these products on a self-clean oven, but what are you supposed to do when self-clean is not an option?

261. 356

My question is how does drips get in there in the first place if the opening is in the bottom of the door? Just asking.

• 357

There are little slots on the TOP of my oven door. I’ve always thought it was a poor design, although I love the oven other than that. My mom bought the same one in Wisconsin, and my sister bought it in Atlanta, I bought it in San Antonio. We didn’t even consult each other! It’s really nice, but then we found out about that problem, which I commented on below.

262. 358

why didn’t I think of this? i unscrewed every screw and took the whole thing apart. barely missed dropping it on the floor, PLUS it took about three hours. you are a genius!!

263. 359
    Bonnie Gaston says:

Great idea! If you just lift the door off it’s hinges, you can lay it on a counter and access the clean slots without taking out drawer. Easier and more accessible… Just read comments and see others that also say remove door..

264. 360

thank you for sharing how to clean the over door widow

265. 361

I will give this a try

266. 362
    Michele Davis says:

I will try this. I have a problem trying to clean my black refrigerator. It is new. When I wipe it, it always leaves a silhouette of where I wiped.
    Is there something special I should be using??

• 363

Hi this is Monique, Anna’s assistant. I am helping her out by answering some of the questions. What product are you currently using on you black fridge? Have you tried using glass cleaner? One that is streak free? I would suggest wiping it down with whatever product you use and then try using the glass cleaner. Or if it is not overly messy and you just want to get rid of some smudges than skip the cleaner and move onto the glass cleaner! Please let us know if you have any other questions, thank you. :)

267. 364

WOW THIS IS SO COOL , SO GLAD YOU PUT THIS ON HERE AS I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW THIS INFRO..THNX YOU A MILLION..

268. 365

What if you spray over cleaner between the two sheets of glass?

269. 366
    Jannie Combs says:

Hi Anna, Thank you so much for this tip, about cleaning the glass in the oven door.. You don’t have any idea how much this drive me crazy, I even told my hubby to take apart the door for we can clean this glass and he can’t take apart don’t know why, but think you said go through the slats, I should try that.

270. 367

THANK YOU so much! My mother and sister and I all have the same oven, (coincidentally) and the vent slots are on TOP of the door, so drips fall right in! The very first time I wiped across it with a sponge, the drips went in, and the window has looked horrible ever since, and that was over two years ago! I think it’s going to take some work, but I’m going to get that window clean! I can’t wait to pass the news to my mom and sis!

271. 368
    debbie johnson says:

amazing.. i havent tried it yet but i’m anxious to see how well it works

272. 369
    Mary Karnstedt says:

Now if someone could tell me how to get my oven door to close all the way again.
    All of a sudden, it won’t close and the light stays on.
    We took the door off and couldn’t find a solution.
    The hook for locking it when it cleans itself is in its usual position, but the slider bar to move it won’t slide over.
    It IS 25 years old. Maybe we just need to replace the whole thing anyway.

273. 370

Thanks so much for this tip. I keep hanging a towel over it because it’s so unsightly. It looks wonderful and was very easy to do.

274. 371
    Monique Gabriella Anderson says:

Have not tried this yet about cleaning between glass for the stove. But it sounds amazing and will definitely try it… Never knew about the holes under the door. Thank you

275. 372

What a grate idea!!!
    Thank you!!

276. 373
    Marcia Surratt says:

I have this very problem and the bottom draw has jumped the track, so it will make entry into the oven door bottom easy. Thanks for the idea.

277. 374
    h., frazier says:

take the door off, most oven doors will slide off by opening a little bit and pull the, door up .

278. 375
    Britini Wright says:

u can also clean between the windows from the top of the oven door too. there is slots on top that go right through the to the glass so that u dont have to lay on the floor or take the door off.

279. 376

You are absolutely a life savor! I purchased a ceramic top, self-cleaning stove almost 10 yrs. ago. I love almost everything about the stove, but the only design flaw that drove me crazy was the vents behind the handle on the oven door. You can’t clean near those vents without drips going down between the glass windows. I took the door apart to clean it twice now. You don’t even want to know what’s involved in doing that. It required two people and the second time one of the clips that hold the inside of the door on broke. We managed to get it back together, but said we’d never do it again because it would certainly be broken for good. The glass is a mess right now and makes me grind my teeth every time I look at it. It’s getting hard to see inside the oven. A friend of mine shared this tip and I flipped when I saw it!! I’ve talked to scads of people over the years about it that couldn’t help me, including the place I bought the oven from. No one knew what to do (other than taking the door apart). You are a lifesaver. Thanks! I’m going to go clean that glass right now!!

280. 377

What do you do if you don’t have a broiler oven on bottom as I have a double ove with small one and then the large one. Would love to know if you have any suggestion for that style. Thank you.

• 378

281. 379

Looks GREAT this I will try…Thanks

282. 380

I just wanted to personally thank you for this fantastic tip! I have been so frustrated on how to go about this lately and just happened to see your post on FaceBook! Thanks so much!

283. 381

Thanks so much for this tutorial!! I bought a new stove in July 2013, and the oven window needs cleaning. I am definitely going to try this!

284. 382
    Sara Smedley says:

This is so helpful. Cleaned my oven and stovetop today and wished for this so will complete the task tomorrow. Thanks for the tutorial and the idea.

285. 383

Wow, I always thought that those were vacuum sealed like insulated window glass. Thanks for the tutorial!
    Steph from fangswandsandfairydust.com recently posted..COLTERS’ GIFT Forgiveness, Family, Fantasy & the Other “F” wordMy Profile

286. 384

that’s good info….now figure out a way to clean all those little plastic vents on the front of the door. I’ve got dogs and they bring in lots of dust….all those little vents get tons of dust built up on them and look like crap! I’ve used a toothbrush….it’s a pain!

287. 385

hi Anna I just found your site and would like to thank you for the tip….I have a question for you….I have a dog and I give it a bath once a week and make sure I clean after it but the room I leave her in at night still has a wet dog smell in it and I hate using air sprays and chemical cleaners to over power the smell what is your advice to take care of this problem?

288. 387

Hello, Miss Annam

Thank you for this “how to clean between the glasses of the oven door. I have this new stove and first time I cleaned it, the soapy water got in there. For 3 years I have had to hang 2 drying clothes to hide them thank you, thank you , thank you!
    from Rose

289. 389

Instead of having to lay down to clean it I would take the door off and put it on the side the idea of using a hanger is good thanks!!

290. 390

I put an old sock over the wire and used it like a windshield wiper with spray cleaner looks great thanks for the tip

291. 391
    Tina Rushing says:

How do you get the stuff on the stove top eye burner pans cleaned.

292. 393
    Martha Howe says:

I am so excited to get this tip. I flipped a cherry pie upside down getting it out of the oven. I cleaned up best I could, but some of it must have seeped up between the two glasses. I can’t wait to try your tip. Thanks! I love household tips–Please keep them coming.

293. 394

Does this include Self-Cleaning ones also?

• 395

This can be done on any kind of oven. I wouldn’t recommend taking the door apart because you don’t want to risk breaking the seal, but this method won’t hurt anything. :)

294. 396

I would like to thank you for your tips: I had a cleaning company for years and this is a great tip for all. I will pass it on. No this is my first time.

295. 397
    Mary Turner says:

Thank you. I never would have dreamed that cleaning between the glass layers was possible.

296. 398

That is a great idea, but it would be so much easier if you took the door off also and laid it across a table to clean. For those of us who have trouble bending or kneeling. Thanks for the tip.

297. 399

Very interrsting

298. 400

I think a much better idea would be to get the manufacturers of these doors to build one that has no way for the “dirt” to get between the two pieces of glass in the first place. Seems to me that this idea is a possible solution, provided that the ‘wire’ doesn’t scratch the glass since it is uncovered and would be a big risk! Also it takes a lot of scrubbing to remove anything on the glass especially once it has had heat on it.

299. 401

An appliance dealer quoted me a price of $60 to have them clean the door! I’m trying your method! Thanks for the info.!

300. 403

I scanned several of your comments to this post, but did not see it addressed. Is it correct that this works with any self-cleaning oven? A few people posts comments regarding taking the door off and pulling out the two pieces of glass to clean directly. Can this method be done with a self-cleaning oven without messing up the tight seal needed for self-cleaning?

• 404

301. 405

Hi!!
    Thanks for the oven glass tip!! I’m wondering.. How can I get my burner inserts clean again?? I’ve tried several things and they still look bad.. Thank you and have a great day!!

302. 407

How would clean between the glass on a ‘built-in’ model range?

• 408
      mreynolds says:

Charlotte,

This is Monique, Anna’s assistant. She suggests checking to see if your oven has slits (similar to the ones in the pictures) at the top of the door, instead of the bottom. Look for them and see if your oven has them, you can clean it the same way. Anna will be writing a post about this soon since it has been such a popular question. :)

303. 409

What cleaning solution would you use to clean the pans under the electrical burners for an electric stove.. What cleaning solution would you use to clean the inside of a very dirty oven for an electric stove. I have successfully used a mixture of vinegar and water 50/50 to clean the inside of a microwave, just by heating a bowl of the above solution to create steam for about 3 minutes. at which time you can just simply wipe off any grime on the surface inside the microwave oven as if it was just put there no matter how dried up,it previously was. It works grate on the microwave oven. Can it also be used on an oven for an electric stove? Or do you have a greater solution???

• 410

Hi Dallas,

This is Monique, Anna’s assistant. For the pans under the electrical burners you can try a water/ baking soda mixture that might help take off some of the grime. Be sure to remove them from under the burners before cleaning ;) As far as cleaning inside the electrical stove, here is a link to a great post that Anna has written about cleaning your oven! http://askannamoseley.com/2012/01/day-10-cleaning-the-oven/. Let us know if you have any other questions!

304. 411

You might want to note that most over doors will lift off so you would not have to lay on the floor. You can place it on the counter or table and clean it very easily.

305. 412

YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO CLEAN YOUR OVEN?! :)

306. 413
    Judy Coleman says:

I have an under the cabinet Whirlpool oven, MOD. RBS3059DD2, and I am unable to get the door off to clean between the glasses. My oven has a plastic lip under the door I was unable to see holes. I has no drawer and sits directly on the floor. Any ideas? Thanks, Judy

• 414

Judy,
      This is Monique, Anna’s assistant. Anna suggests seeing of there are any holes on the tops or sides you might be able to use. Anna will be writing an additonal post about different oven types since this is such a popular question! Stay tuned!

307. 415

What if you don”t have a drawer under neath?

• 416

I am helping Anna respond to some of the questions. Anna suggests checking for slats at the top of the door, instead of the bottom. If you oven has them, clean it the same way. Anna will be writing a post about this soon since it’s a popular question. :)

308. 417

I have a jenn air double oven how would that work?

• 418

Hey Marie,
      I am helping Anna respond to some of the questions. Here is her response: I have a double oven in our new house and there are slits (similar to the ones in the pictures) at the top of the door, instead of the bottom. Look for them and see if you oven has them, if it does you can clean it the same way. I will be writing a post about this soon since it’s a popular question. :)

309. 419

How about Genn-air stoves?, can they be cleaned the same way.

• 420
      mreynolds says:

Hazel,

This is Monique, Anna’s assistant. Anna is not sure about specific models of stoves. She suggests checking to see if your stove has slit on either the top or bottom. If it does then it can be cleaned the same way as in the post. If it does not, she suggests looking up your model on google to find out how to clean it. Sorry we could not be more helpful!

310. 421
    Luana Forrester says:

I have just hated my oven door ever since it got dirty in between the glass. I have an oven built into my wall so it doesn’t have a drawer to remove. My main concern is that it also is a self-cleaning oven & I am worried about getting an electrical shock. Should it be ok? No electrical wires up in there? :)

• 422
      Luana Forrester says:

I read all of the above & am so excited to go look for the slats in my oven door even @11:19 p.m. at night….I’m talking sooo excited. Thank you so very much!

I do have another cleaning question. Our shower door is some kind of plastic, almost like glass, though. It’s @least 20 yrs. old & has water-like stains on it. I have used baking soda & everything I could think of to clean this water stain cloud off the fiberglass? door.. Any solution? I think I love this site already! :)

• 425
      mreynolds says:

Hey Luana,

This is Monique, Anna’s assistant. I am helping her answer some of these questions. She mentioned that there should not be any wire up in there so there is no need to worry about electrical shock. Hope this help :)

311. 426

Thank toy for taking the time to show people how to clean your glass window In the stove.

312. 427

Wish I knew this when we lived on Military housing. I took the door apart and they were amazed how clean the oven was!

313. 428
    Janet Thomas says:

I ALWAYS wanted to know how to do that!! Thank you thank you

314. 429
    sandy tani says:

great Idea! ty

315. 430
    Watersisland says:

Yah, I was surprised that anything could have gotten in-between the layers of glass. I guess the ‘self cleaning’ locking slot allowed something to slip in somehow. Anyhow, I just removed the six screws on the inside of the door which allowed the whole face to come off. It really wasn’t that hard at all; in fact… it was probably easier than attempting to swipe at it with a rag and coat hanger through the bottom opening. Start to finish— 25min’s max. The oven depicted looks exactly like mine (even ‘white on white’) which is a gas stove—Frigidaire Gallery.

316. 431

I cleaned mine the other day after spilling milk down the front.. My stove had screws on the top that loosened the glass, so I remove them and cleaned the whole thing and then put it back together. Didn’t have to remove the door, just the glass piece on the front. Much easier than trying to maneuver a wire hanger in that space.

317. 432

how do you clean the glass on the wall oven?
    how do you clen your hairbushes?

• 433
      mreynolds says:

Cheryl,

This is Monique, Anna’s assistant. Regarding your wall oven Anna suggests checking your oven to see if there are slits (similar to the ones in the pictures) at the top of the door, instead of the bottom. Look for them and see if your oven has them, then can clean it the same way. Anna will be writing a post about this soon since it’s a popular question. :)
      Here is a link to the post that Anna wrote about how to clean your hairbrushes: http://askannamoseley.com/2013/03/how-to-clean-a-hair-brush/
      Hope this helps!

318. 434
    Ileen Patrik says:

So why would you not remove the oven door turn it upside down and clean it???

319. 435

Thank you so much for the oven door cleaning trick!! I actually have a spider web between the glass! Can’t wait to try this.

320. 437

Great Tip–Thanx 4 Sharing!!! I will try it

321. 438

Mine doesn’t come off . One thing I hate ! Well anyway , gonna try under the door thing . Hope the slots are there . Couldn’t figure out how the big splash got there . Thought I had to take the door apart !!!!

322. 439

Awesome idea thank you for the tip

323. 440

I just read thru instructions and perhaps this could be easier……If you open the oven door appx 4 to 6 inches until you reach that first stop, you can lift the door off the oven by pulling straight up and lay it on the table/counter and then you would not have to get under the door to the slot or remove the drawer. (If there is an easy way to clean, I have usually found it).

324. 441
    felicia says:

awesome don’t know why i didn’t think of that

325. 442

used a Swiffer wipe, worked well

326. 444

NOTHING drives me crazy enough to do this!

327. 445
    Darlene Winger says:

My oven doesn’t have a drawer underneath the window. Maybe I have to take the door off?

328. 446

I will try to clean my oven door today. thanks for the tip

329. 447

Holy crap (sorry) so simple if I’d taken the time to really look at the door. Thank you

330. 448

I couldn’t believe it when I saw “how to clean between your oven window glass and window. I had been asking everyone if they knew how but no one had an answer. Thank you so very much.

331. 449
    Mary Schneider says:

Should have had a manicure.

332. 450

I can’t wait to try this. I keep pretty dish towels on the handle of the oven to hide the glass.

333. 451
    Millie Reece says:

Thank you for that information. I have often wondered how to clean my oven glass without taking the door apart. I will certainly use the advice and get my oven door clean.

334. 452

Hi, I have the same stove….and I believe the door lifts right up off of hinges. I think it would be easier to lift if off and turn the door upside down……..but thanks for the great tip, I did not know we had acsess to this glass……….

335. 453

The easiest way for me was to op en the oven door and there should be a couple screws on each side of the outermost part of the door. Unscrew them and lift up and you will have complete access to cleaning with your hands.

336. 454
    Sue Shaw says:

Looking for how to clean inside oven when its an old stove hasn’t been clean in years;
    have tried oven cleaner, sos pads with comet?? and scraping big chunks

thanks for your help

337. 456
    Ivy M. Miller says:

OMG thank you thank you thank you ! We just moved in to a rental and the stove/oven was to put it nicely NASTY lol. I have cleaned all of it except the glass in the middle ! I just figured it was there to stay and hang my tea towel in front of it !

338. 457
    nora lane says:

Will try this needed to two years ago.

339. 458

ok Lets make this EASY. If your oven door looks like this one, try this. The handle and the white bar. with the vent slats are held in place with two screws. Open the door all the way, using the right type of screw driver, mine required small and square, remove those two screws. Remove the handle and gently slide the vent cap off. Take them to the sink and clean them too making sure you dry them completely before reassembling. The outside glass door and the inside oven door will separate like a sandwich. Close the inside door and give them both a good cleaning. After vaccuming out pet hair and dust I cleaned the glass with vinegar to cut the grease with a streak free shine. A second pair of hands is required to put it back together. One person to hold it together while the other one tightens the screws. Looks like new when you’re done!

340. 459

What a great way to clean the glass in your oven without having to take the door apart..
    Thanks, Kim

341. 460

Thank you so much …. will try this and get back to you

342. 461

Any clue how to clean between the glass on a microwave?

343. 463

Thank you! The stove in the article is just like mine. Can’t wait to get home and finally get the spilled stuff of the glass. I could not picture me removing the door or the glass. I had resolved myself to living with the spill stuff on the inside.

344. 464

love your recommendation on how to clean between glass on oven door. God bless you for your help. Ive been trying to think how I could take that door apart. You are a God sent hallmark.

345. 465

genious thankyou

346. 466

I think a person could use a gun cleaner rod or a tiny long wood dowel rod. With the wood dowel I thing a person could put an eye screw at the end of the wood rod. Then put a rubber band around the cloth and through the round eye of the eye screw and fasten.

347. 467
    Leslie Carter says:

Hi, this is brilliant. I am finishing my spring cleaning and it’s just what I needed. And don’t take it in the wrong way but the fact that your nail polish isn’t perfect works wonders for your credibility! Fantastic.

348. 469

You can take the glass off to clean it as well. At least I can on my oven.

349. 470

you know the glass plates are removable right?

350. 471

Thanks for getting me going. My oven was not the same as the one pictured and it is a Whirlpool but it’s really old. I hated seeing those drips inside, especially when the sun shone on the door.
    I got so angry when I couldn’t do the coat hanger thing that I took the door off; not entirely…mine has two screws on the top and two on each side at the top. Once I unscrewed the two at the top, presto! The door came apart and I could easily clean it. I had to be careful to line the screws up again, but really no problem-o. Thanks. If I hadn’t attempted to do it with the coat hanger, I would never have tried the door removal and I was able to clean the entire door inside as well.

351. 472

I was so ready to take off running with this but ran into a major dilemma, I have a double oven and the doors don’t come off. By any chance do you have any suggestions? The top is a self cleaning oven but the bottom one is not and the glass is driving me somewhere I don’t want to go.

• 473

Our new home has double ovens as well that the doors don’t come off of. I found a slit at the top where I can get down in between to clean the glass using the same method. I would open the door and look down to see if yours is built the same way.

352. 474

This was really neat how to instructions.

353. 475
    Anita Begley says:

Wish i had seen this tutorial sooner. I took my oven door apart, and when I tried to put it back together, it didn’t go back very easily. Now there’s enough of a gap between the door and the opening that my baked item does not get the right temperature to cook thoroughly.

354. 476

I cant wait to try this

355. 477

Thankyou!!!
    I have always wondered how to get this done! (I knew there had to be openings somewhere – how the heck did the darned dirt get in there to begin with???) Appreciate the tip!

356. 478

I tried this! I had a drip/streak down in between the window of my oven for years – drove me nuts! I will have to say: First of all – REMOVE the oven door, rather than try doing this laying on floor. Secondly, the clothes hanger method didn’t work for me, instead I used a thin wooden yardstick. And I didn’t have Windex Wipes, but instead used a thin (flour sack) dish towel that I had sprayed generously with Windex. I pushed the dish towel around with the yardstick (just make sure to hang onto the edge of the towel so it doesn’t get stuck in between the glass!) Alas – - the drip/streak is GONE!!!! YAY!!!

357. 479

Worked okay for me- my oven door does not remove easily, so I took out the drawer and sat infront of the oven. My wipey-type cloths were not enough, so I wrapped my Norwex microfiber around the end of my poking device, and it worked well. It was still hard to get ALL the spots, but much better than it was (after milk spilled down in between the panes several months ago). Thanks!