Refreshing lemonade filled with diced strawberries and a hint of tarragon. Simple to make and delicious, this strawberry tarragon lemonade is perfect for spring.
Hi it’s Andrea from Cooking with a Wallflower, and today I wanted to share with you an amazing drink. It’s spring, which means strawberry season is well under way. Are you as excited as I am?
One of my favorite spring and summer drinks is strawberry lemonade. I love the sweetness of the strawberries paired with the tartness of lemonade. But this! The addition of tarragon simple syrup makes this strawberry lemonade so amazingly delicious.
Tarragon is an herb that tastes both minty and a little bit like licorice. This herb definitely takes strawberry lemonade to the next level. Refreshing, this strawberry tarragon lemonade is the perfect drink to celebrate spring.
First, heat water, sugar, and a few sprigs of tarragon in a small pot over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Once the water is boiling and has started to reduce, turn off the heat and allow the tarragon simple syrup to cool.
In a large container, mix together water and lemon juice. Add the diced strawberries and stir to allow the strawberries to infuse into the lemonade. Once the tarragon simple syrup has cooled down, add the simple syrup to the strawberry lemonade until the sweetness is to your taste.
Divide the strawberry tarragon lemonade between two glasses. Add crushed ice and garnish with tarragon. Serve the strawberry tarragon lemonade cold and enjoy!
Cooking with a Wallflower
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3-4 sprigs tarragon
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup strawberries, diced
- Crushed ice
- Tarragon leaves for garnish
- In a small pot, add water, sugar, and sprigs of tarragon over medium heat. Allow the simple syrup to simmer until it has reduced by about half. Turn off the heat and allow the simple syrup to cool.
- While the simple syrup is cooling, mix together water, lemon juice, and the diced strawberries. Stir to help the strawberries infuse the water.
- Once the simple syrup has cooled to room temperature, add the tarragon simple syrup to the strawberry lemonade until the sweetness is to your taste.
- Divide the strawberry tarragon lemonade into two glasses and top with crushed ice and tarragon leaves.
- Serve the drinks cold.