Delicious fudgy brownies topped with a moist layer of pumpkin cheesecake swirls. Chocolate meets pumpkin in this amazing fall dessert, just in time for Thanksgiving.
I’m Andrea from Cooking with a Wallflower. This month I’m soo excited to share with you one of my favorite dessert recipes, Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirled Brownies.
I’ve been busy trying to figure out my Thanksgiving menu. Is it too early to? I certainly don’t think so. It takes forever to plan out meals and make a list of all the ingredients that I might need. I want to make sure that I have everything beforehand so that I don’t have to run out the day of to find that one ingredient I have to have. And with stores closing early so that the employees can head home for their own Thanksgiving dinner, I really don’t want risk not having everything. Or fighting through those super long lines.
One of the items on my menu this year has to be these Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirled Brownies.
A combination of two popular desserts, brownies and cheesecake, this decadent little dessert will please your guests’ taste buds during Thanksgiving. A rich chocolatey brownie layer on the bottom with a creamy pumpkin-y layer of cheesecake on top. How can you pass up such a mouthwatering combo?
It’s super easy to make too.
Preheat the oven to 350oF. Lightly grease a 9×9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking oil or vegetable oil. You want to make sure to do this so that the brownies don’t stick to the pan.
In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, add 4oz semi sweet chocolate and vegetable oil. I used the Baker’s brand since they’re easier to melt. Microwave the chocolate for about 30 seconds, mix the chocolate, heat for another 30 seconds, and then stir again. Repeat this process of heating and stirring until all the chocolate has melted.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs and the sugar until they are evenly combined and appear fluffy. Mix in the vanilla extract, then pour in the melted chocolate. Use a spatula to stir until the chocolate is evenly combined. Add in the flour, and mix until the flour is incorporated. Pour the brownie mix into the baking pan and set aside for now.
Add the softened cream cheese and sugar to a large bowl, and beat them until they are combined and appear smooth. Next, add the beaten egg, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix all the ingredients until they are well combined. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the brownie, making sure to cover the entire surface.
Use a fork to create the pumpkin cheesecake swirls by lightly moving the fork in a circle.
Bake the pumpkin cheesecake swirled brownies for about 20-25 minutes at 350F. The brownies are ready when the toothpick test comes out with moist crumbs still clinging.
Allow the brownies to cool for about an hour before slicing them into nine squares. Brownies are less crumbly and much fudgier after they have cooled in the refrigerator.
Enjoy these brownies!
- 4 oz semi sweet chocolate bar, broken into pieces
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9×9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- For the brownie:
- Add the semi sweet chocolate pieces and vegetable oil into a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds, stir the chocolate, heat for another 30 seconds, and then stir. Repeat this process until the chocolate has completely melted and appear smooth.
- Add the beaten eggs, egg yolk, and granulated sugar into a large bowl, and beat them together until they appear smooth and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla extract. Whisk in the flour slowly until it becomes well combined. Pour the brownie mixture into the 9×9 inch baking pan, and set aside for now.
- For the Pumpkin Cheesecake:
- Add the cream cheese and granulated sugar to medium sized bowl, and mix until they appear smooth. Whisk in the beaten egg. Add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice and combine until they appear well incorporated. Pour the pumpkin cheesecake mixture over the brownie mixture.
- Use a fork to make the swirls by moving the fork in a circle.
- Bake the Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirled Brownies for about 20-25 minutes until you can insert a toothpick through the center and there are a few brownie crumbs clinging.
- Allow the Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirled Brownies to cool before cutting them into slices. For best results, refrigerate the brownies for about an hour before cutting. Brownies become more moist and fudgy if chilled.