These really are the best chicken enchiladas I’ve ever had, I promise you will love them. This is the first recipe I’m posting that’s not super quick to make but believe me it’s worth the little extra time!
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 TBS olive oil
1 small red onion, diced
1 jalapeno diced
1 cup read chili sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
3-4 cups Pepper Jack cheese, grated (I buy a 2lb block and grate it)
7 oz diced green chilies
1 cup green chili sauce
10 flour tortillas
2 cups whipping cream
|It’s hard to go wrong when you start with these delicious ingredients!|
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Boil chicken. Once cooked shred with a fork.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet at medium-high heat. Then brown chicken, onion, garlic.
3. Stir in 1/2 of the red chili sauce and salt. Stir until the chili sauce has covered the chicken then add in jalapenos, green chilies, green chili sauce and 1/2 of the grated Pepper Jack cheese. Mix all ingredients until well blended and the cheese has started to melt. Remove from heat.
4. Warm tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds.
5. To assemble the enchiladas dip the tortillas in whipping cream, place them in a greased baking dish, add a large scoop of chicken mixture and then roll, placing seam-side down. Repeat until all tortillas are filled.
6. Next pour the remaining whipping cream and red chili sauce over the enchiladas. Cover with remaining Pepper Jack cheese.
7. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Linking up with some of these great parties.