Thank you HomeRight for sponsoring this post and giving us the ability to clean our grout without chemicals!
A couple weeks ago my friend called me and asked if I had any ideas for cleaning really dirty tile grout. They were getting ready to move into a new-to-them house and the floors were so gross, like greasy, sticky, grimy gross, you wouldn’t even believe it! I thought about my bleach pen method but on a large scale, like over 1000 sq.ft., I thought that would be more work than it was worth. I told her I’d bring over my HomeRight SteamMachine Plus because it is an awesome cleaner and can clean all sorts of things! I’d never used it on grout before but I was sure it would work fabulously, and boy oh boy it did!!!
The easiest way to clean grout without chemicals
- HomeRight SteamMachine
- Cleaning rags
I want to show you this little video of it “in action” and then I’ll break it down for you in pictures.
The giddy excitement in the video is my friend Beckie, she’s like me and loves to clean, and she was beyond excited when she saw how well the SteamMachine Plus was blowing the black grime right out of the grout.
Here are some before and after pictures that will blow your mind, especially if you have extremely dirty grout in your home!
This is in the kitchen dining room area.
This is the master bathroom. She said she could tell it was deep cleaning because there were all kinds of awful smells coming up from the grout. Gross!! 🙁
This is the transition from the kitchen to the hallway. Isn’t that amazing!?
This is the range hood. The entire thing was covered with grease and food particles, it only took me a few minutes to make it look new again!
If your jaw is on the floor and you’re wondering where you can get a SteamMachine Plus, don’t worry, you can get one on Amazon and have it shipped right to your door! 🙂 Just a few more things we wanted to tell you –
- “This thing is amazing and everyone needs one!” (Beckie’s mother-in-law and sister-in-law went home and bought one after she showed them how well it worked) 🙂
- For cleaning grout this is the fastest method and it saves you from having to get down on your hands and knees to scrub.
- It not only cleans the grout but it sanitizes it too. The 205 degree temperature kills 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria including e-coli, salmonella, and staph.
- The tube that sucks the water up, has a metal ball on the end of it, so whether your cleaning the floor, or holding it upright to clean the range hood, you get the same amount of steam and pressure! (Those guys at HomeRight are so smart).
- Make sure once the grout is clean that you seal it so that it stays clean. You should reseal the grout at least once a year.
- Here’s a tip she wanted to share for how to hold the SteamMachine Plus, when you’re cleaning grout. At first she was using it like this (as you saw in the video), because it was a very natural way to hold it.
- But what she found was that it was easier and more efficient to hold it like this. See how much more of the brush is in the grout line? It’s way faster to do it this way.
When you’re done cleaning and sanitizing the grout the handheld part of the SteamMachine Plus pops back into the upright frame and you can steam clean the rest of the floors quickly and easily! This is what I use to clean the floors in our house and I love it. The mop is easy to maneuver and because of the shape of the mop head, it gets into corners and around furniture really easily.
Here are some other uses for the SteamMachine Plus from my fellow HomeRight ambassadors –
- Steam cleaning your windows for the best results
- Steam clean your clothes (forget ironing anymore!)
- Clean your mattress
- Remove pet stains
- How to clean your home for flu season
- Chemical-free cleaning ideas
This post contains some affiliate links, for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.