Creamy white hot chocolate topped with whipped cream and a chocolate drizzle. This delicious, easy to make white hot chocolate recipe is perfect for keeping warm during the cold winter months.
Hi, everyone! I’m Andrea from Cooking with a Wallflower. And I’m so excited to be back on Ask Anna this month to share with you a brand new recipe to welcome in the new year! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year’s Eve! It’s been a hectic few weeks for me filled with the usual holiday craze.
Today, I’d like to share with you a recipe for white hot chocolate. Yes, hot chocolate made from white chocolate! Doesn’t that sound amazing?
One of my favorite winter beverages is hot chocolate. There’s something about this drink that’s just soo comforting. It makes me feel warm and cozy, and it’s the perfect way to relax. Even better? You can always customize your hot chocolate by adding some of your favorite toppings too.
This white hot chocolate is made from melted white chocolate and a little bit of pure vanilla extract. Just a few ingredients yet so much flavor.
First, heat milk in a small pot until it begins to simmer. You have a few options. For a low fat version of this hot chocolate, you can use 2% milk, but it won’t be as creamy. For the creamy version of this hot chocolate, use a combination of 2% milk with half and half or heavy whipping cream.
Once the milk starts to simmer, add chopped white chocolate and pure vanilla extract. Gently stir the chocolate until it has completely melted into the milk.
When the chocolate has melted, pour the white hot chocolate into a mug.
Top with whipped cream, drizzles of chocolate, or any other topping of your choice.
Serve the hot chocolate warm.
Happy New Year!
Head over to Andrea’s blog, Cooking with a Wallflower, for TONS of delicious recipes!
- ½ cup white chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup 2% milk (or ½ cup 2% milk with ½ cup half and half or heavy whipping cream)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pour the milk into a small pot and warm the milk over low heat until it begins to simmer.
- Once the milk starts to simmer, add the chopped white chocolate and pure vanilla extract.
- Use a spoon or a spatula to stir the chocolate until it completely melts.
- When the chocolate has melted, pour the white hot chocolate into a mug.
- Serve the hot chocolate warm with topping of your choice.