I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! My family and I spent the day with family and soaking up the beautiful sunshine and warm 70 degree weather we had up here in Washington state. I don’t know about you but yesterday the spring cleaning bug bit me and I was in the mood to clean and organize. It all started in the nursery and eventually went room by room until I made my way out into the family room and office area. My instincts told me to stop there or else I would get burnt out and not want to keep going the rest of the week. Lucky you, all of my spring cleaning fever is pouring over and I’m sharing some of my best Spring Cleaning + Free Checklist for you to follow along with.
A lot of these tips I’ve shared in years past, but I feel they are still a good references to go off of. The best part is the checklist, it will keep you very organized and focused on getting things done.
Click HERE to download your FREE printable!
In part of my previous spring cleaning series, here are some of the hottest topics we talked about:
Here are some other great tips I want to share with you:
- As you organize, put items into 3 categories- donate/sell, toss or keep.
- It works great and helps alleviate stress of trying to figure out what to do with all of that stuff.
- Next, you want to ask yourself three questions about every item you are considering to keep:
- Do you/they love it?
- Can you/they live without it?
- Does this item have a purpose?
- If the items meets all three criterion, then it stays, if not, then it either gets donated/sold or tossed.
- I recommend cleaning the space really good before putting everything back. I use all natural cleaners because chemical based cleaners are harmful for the air inside your home.
- As you begin putting items back into the space remember this motto “Everything has it’s place.” We live by this in our home and this is truly how we stay organized.
I hope you find these tips helpful as you get down to work on spring cleaning your home. Cheers and happy cleaning!