Jumbo shrimp tossed in a savory miso glaze. This miso glazed shrimp is delicious and perfect with rice for a quick and easy dinner.
Hi! This is Andrea from Cooking with a Wallflower, and this month I’m back to share with you a simple to make entrée perfect for a weeknight dinner!
If you’re like me, you’re constantly busy throughout the day, whether you’re working, looking after your kids, running errands, or going to school. And by the end of the day, you’re tired and the last thing you want to do is stress out about what to make for dinner. I find that I’m constantly asking myself, “What am I making for dinner tonight?”
So, I like to have recipes on hand for those nights where I’m too tired to think about what’s for dinner. I like having recipes that take less than 30 minutes to prepare, cook, and set onto the table. This miso glazed shrimp is one of those recipes.
Jumbo shrimp glazed with a savory miso sauce. It’s super easy to make with just several ingredients and soo flavorful. I know you’ll love it as much as I do!
You’ll have to make rice to serve with this dish. But you can cook the rice while you’re making the shrimp so they’ll both be ready at about the same time.
In a medium sized skillet, add miso paste and water over low heat. Use a spatula to dissolve the miso in the water. Next, add sugar, mirin, and sake and stir until the ingredients are well incorporated. The sauce will be thick and appear creamy.
Add shrimp to the skillet and cook the shrimp until they turn from grey to an orange red color. The miso will also coat all the shrimp.
Plate the shrimp and garnish with basil leaves and chili pepper if desired. Serve the miso glazed shrimp with rice.
Enjoy! I Hope you have a wonderful April! See you next month!
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon mirin
- ½ tablespoon sake
- 3 dozen large or jumbo shrimp
- 2 servings of rice
- In a medium sized skillet, add miso paste and water over low heat. Use a spatula to dissolve the miso in the water. Next, add sugar, mirin, and sake and stir until the ingredients are well incorporated. The sauce will appear creamy.
- Add shrimp to the skillet and cook the shrimp until they turn from grey to an orange red color. The miso will also coat the shrimp.
- Serve the miso glazed shrimp with rice.