My friend Bethany came up with this creamy artichoke chicken recipe (of course I put my own spin on it because that’s just what I do). She is an amazing cook and I have to admit this recipe is definitely in my top 10 favorites. It’s jammed packed full of fresh, creamy, delicious flavors. I know you love it as much as I do!
For the topping
1 can artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped (I also pat them dry with a paper towel so there’s no water on them)
3 TBS mayonnaise
Zest from 1 lemon
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 sprig fresh rosemary, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and set aside.
For the chicken
4 chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups flour
Salt and pepper
2 sprigs rosemary, minced
Pre-heat oven broiler on high.
1. Take the chicken and butterfly each one, also making crisscross marks with a knife on the bottom of the breast to make it more tender.
2. Mix flour, salt, pepper and rosemary in a gallon size zip lock bag. Add chicken and toss to coat.
3. Heat skillet over medium-heat with 2 TBS olive oil. Cook chicken for about 5 min on each side until golden brown.
4. When chicken is done place on a baking sheet. Place a heap of the topping on top of each chicken breast, covering most of the breast.
5. Broil chicken until the topping starts to bubble and turns golden. This should take between 3-5 min.
Serve and enjoy! I promise you will not be disappointed!
- For the topping
- 1 can artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 3 TBS mayonnaise
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1½ cups flour
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- 2 sprigs rosemary, minced
- Mix all the topping ingredients together, set aside.
- Take the chicken and butterfly each one, also making crisscross marks with a knife on the bottom of the breast to make it more tender.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and rosemary in a gallon size zip lock bag. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat skillet over medium heat with 2 TBS olive oil.
- Cook chicken for about 5 min on each side until golden brown and no longer pink inside.
- When chicken is done place on a baking sheet. Place a heap of the topping on top of each chicken breast, covering most of the breast.
- Broil chicken until the topping starts to bubble and turns golden. This should take between 3-5 min.
To Sew With Love says
Hi! I am a Spring Fling participant! Following you wherever you are, lol. ^^)
i haven't made this in quite a while. 🙂
Hi Anna-This looks yummy, I love artichokes and don't have many recipes using them. I think I will try making it this weekend.My best- Diane
Cozy Home Scenes says
Thanks for reminding me of this recipe. I used to make it, then I got in a rut of making the same recipes all the time. I'll have to try something like this again someday.
I love artichokes. The dish looks delicious. Thanks for sharing. I'm following from Totally Tuesday. Have a great day!Debrahttp://thecookbookdiva.wordpress.com/
Lindsey @ Inspiring Creations says
That looks really good. I love cooking with artichokes, thanks for the recipe!
Thqnks for tomorrow's dinner:)
YUM! This looks fabulous! I just posted an artichoke pasta recipe on my blog too : )
Looks like I've just found our meal for tomorrow evening! Looks delish:)Thanks for sharing!Cheers!
Heavenly Savings says
I love finding new recipes! Thanks for this! It looks good! I’m a new follower Happy Friday! I would love for you to stop and take a look at my blog as well! Thanks!http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com
Hi Anna, I know that this has to be delicious, because a friend also gave me a recipe that was similar to this only in a casserole form . . . and it is delicious! I adore artichokes and with chicken like this the dish is superb! Thank you for sharing. I'm putting this in my 'to cook' file!
Ashley @ Life Is Beautiful says
I have saved this! I love artichokes in pretty much anything, so I know this has to be great! I hope to try it out next week!-Many Smiles!
Lori@Paisley Passions says
My mouth is watering just looking at the pictures! Thanks for another great link to Fun w/Food Friday @ Paisley Passions.
My hubbie would love that! Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All.
Jan at Jewelry4Change says
This looks fantastic! I can't wait to try it.
Heather B. says
Yay! I didn't see this recipe until now. I am definitely going to make this soon. It is one of my favorite recipes of yours!!
Angela Sabatini says
This looks wonderful. Have you ever tried to do this in a crock pot?
Now, I bet that would be really good!
Just made this, very yummy! Although my chickens were a bit bigger and the topping wasn’t quite enough.
Lisa Richey says
Delicious! The flavors are both refreshingly light and creamy. I tried this recipe for the first time when my in-laws were visiting. It was a hit! I serve it over pasta with a cream sauce I make from the juices that remained after topping the chicken. My husband loves that I have incorporated this recipe into my repertoire. Thank you, Ask Anna!
I made this tonight. I dint have any lemon, so I used a dash or so of Italian dressing and a bit more garlic. It turned out SO good! Even my kiddos ate it. We love artichokes and I cook with them a lot. Thanks for the recipe!
Oooo, I’ll have to try that twist in the recipe, thanks for the great idea! I’m glad everyone loved it so much. 🙂
I came across this wonderful recipe a few months ago, and it immediately became a favorite. I apologize for just now leaving a thank-you message. Because I live alone, I freeze portions of it, and it reheats quite well. And because I am disabled, a woman comes in every day to cook, do other household tasks, shopping, etc., She has made it at home, and she and her husband really like it, too. Thanks from all of us!
Yay! Thank you so much for coming back to let me know that you love it. 🙂
Hey, I am looking to make this later this week, but I just have big jars of artichokes from Costco. About how many ounces is the can you use?
When I make it I use a 15oz can, like the size of a can of beans. I think it works out to being about 2 cups once they’re all cut up into quarters. Enjoy! I just made it last week, it’s so yummy. 🙂
This was good. I cut the recipe in half for two of us. We still had leftover topping, but I plan to eat that with tortilla chips. We had it with salad and rotini with butter, salt, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese. Yum!
Yum! I’m so glad you liked the recipe, it’s one of our favorites too. 🙂