Shrimp glazed with spicy peach preserves with tomatoes on skewers. These roasted peach glazed shrimp skewers are delicious and perfect for the summer.
Hi! This is Andrea from Cooking with a Wallflower, and I can’t wait to share with you this delicious summer recipe.
It’s July! Which means that we’re right in the middle of summer. And how can summer be complete without food on skewers? Whether you’re roasting or grilling, these shrimp skewers are so easy to make and perfect for serving your family and friends during this summer season.
These peach glazed shrimp skewers are one of my favorite go to sides because they require only a few ingredients, most of which you probably have on hand. I love the contrasting flavors of sweet and spicy. And they take so little time to make since shrimp cook fast. It’s the perfect recipe for those last minute dinner parties.
First, preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease with nonstick cooking spray or vegetable oil. You can also grill these shrimp skewers too if you prefer being outdoors but make sure to soak the skewer sticks in water to prevent them from burning. 🙂
In small pan, heat about 1/3 cup peach preserve with about a teaspoon sugar and a ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper. Mix these together until the preserves become soft and liquefied. This peach preserve will be both sweet and slightly spicy. You can always adjust the flavor to your taste. Just taste the sauce as you are making it.
Once this peach preserve mix has melted, allow it to cool for a few minutes.
While the peach preserve is cooling down, thread the shrimp and cherry tomatoes onto the skewer sticks.
Brush this peach mixture onto the shrimp.
Lay the skewers on the baking sheet. Bake the shrimp skewers for about 8-10 minutes until the shrimp is no longer gray. Serve the shrimp and tomato skewers warm.
Enjoy! Have a wonderful July!
- 15-18 large shrimp, deshelled and deveined
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- ⅓ cup peach preserves
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease with nonstick cooking spray or vegetable oil. Soak the skewers in water to prevent them from becoming burnt.
- In a small pan, add peach preserves, granulated sugar, and crushed red peppers over medium to low heat. Mix the ingredients until the peach preserves become liquidy. Remove the pan from heat and set aside to allow the peach preserve mixture to cool for a few minutes.
- While the peach preserves are cooling, thread the shrimp and tomatoes through the skewers.
- Then, brush the peach preserves onto the shrimp. Place the skewers on the baking sheet and bake them for about 8-10 minutes until the shrimp is no longer gray and has turned reddish orange.
- Serve the skewers warm.
And if you want a delicious side dish and drink to go along with these yummy skewers, check out these other amazing recipes from Andrea!