You all know I love a good challenge, so when I was asked to do a “Sticky Dish” challenge, how could I say no! I am always looking for the best products and solutions for cleaning so I was excited to try this new product by Finish Quantum.
These were the rules:
1. Create something delicious, and sticky
2. Relax after the “sticky meal” – put the dishes right into the dishwasher (no pre-rinse allowed!)
3. Let the dishes sit there until morning and then run your dishwasher.
So let’s start with the “something delicious” and sticky. Since Thanksgiving is only a few days away I thought I’d try a new recipe for an old favorite, Sweet Potato Casserole. I don’t know of anything much stickier than melted marshmallows, so I thought this recipe would be perfect!
Here’s the recipe, it’s originally from Southern Living.
4 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Bake sweet potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Let stand until cool to touch (about 20 minutes); peel and mash sweet potatoes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
2. Beat mashed sweet potatoes, granulated sugar, and next 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Spoon potato mixture into a greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
3. Combine cornflakes cereal and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over casserole in diagonal rows 2 inches apart.
4. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle marshmallows in alternate rows between cornflake mixture; bake 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
After enjoying the delicious casserole, we gladly put the dirty, sticky dishes in the dishwasher with no rinsing. I pulled them out in the morning so I could show you a before picture, and it was a sticky mess!
Then I ran the dishwasher. I was anxiously awaiting the results because I seriously doubted the Finish Quantum tablet would be able to get all the ooey-gooey-ness off. When I pulled the casserole dish out of dishwasher I actually said, “What?! No way!” See for yourself, the results are amazing!
Do you have any sticky, crusty pots and pans that need a good cleaning? Well toss the sponge, and sit down and relax because the Finish Quantum dishwasher tablets will do the work for you! Get your own free-samples & take the challenge yourself! Join the #FinishRevolution and share your results on Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #FinishRevolution.